Latex Editor

tomj

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
A LaTeX editor (pronounced lateck) an editor that work with .txt(.dvi) files and is used for creating documents for publishing

There are text editors for the GP2X that work however none of them seem to have keyboard support. Would it be possible to use VI in the new Sterm with usb keyboard support. To make it a LateX editor all it would need to do is highlight code. I have done a lot of searching but not found how to do it. I did try using a usb keyboard with qtopia however when i pressed a key i got an unstoppable stream of random characters. I dislike writing and for me this would be the perfect unobtrusive way of writing up notes in class.

Hahaha, LaTeX :D

I was trying to port Jove, which is a lightweight Emacs clone with a LaTeX mode, but even when compiled on PC it's problematic, and with the virtual keyboard it would be downright impossible to control (I was doing it for telnet use). A 'tiny' version of vi is already on the '2x with busybox, as you should be able to see by typing 'vi' in sterm. I don't think it has code highlighting though.

Craigamp uses some novel method of text input, does it not? An application of this to a text editor might be nice./

Craigamp uses some novel method of text input, does it not? An application of this to a text editor might be nice./

if you're a masochist... :D

the usb keyboard sounds a lot easier to me, especially for note-taking, but then you risk scaring off the opposite sex with your weird rig...

edit: i should clarify: i'm not saying craigix's text entry idea is bad. it's quite cool actually. but a full-blown text editor / word processor app still requires a keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
but then you risk scaring off the opposite sex with your weird rig...

Yeah that could be a problem :( . Along with being labeled a nerd. This could be changed with a stylish keyboard
I will see what the version of vi is like in busy box. I haven't used vi and the googled guides scared me hopefully it will all become clear when I start using it...

vi isn't hard. and it's a good skill to have. the main thing to know is that it has three modes: one where the keys send commands, one where the keys "type", and one where you are more or less at a unix prompt, but still inside vi. hit esc to put it back in command mode, if in doubt. "i" to insert, "x" to delete, i think "dd" deletes a line...then you can branch out from there :)

Back