KOF91 1.2 beta

rtb7

Certified Guru
Website
www.geocities.com
KOF91 1.2 beta

ZIP SUPPORT !!!!!

You were waiting for it ? Now, it's here.

Don't forget rules on zip :

Put zip files in GPMM\KOF91\SPRITES
Zip file name must be the same than the directory it contains (if it contains a directory, as it's not mandatory).
Zip file name must be the same than the character section in char.ini file.

Have fun (and get back your SMC megabytes).

Thanx to CHUI (my zlib version is derived from his port)

Update (thx to vimacs), full package with zipped characters :
http://silverphalanx.animeavas.de/vimacs/kof91_1.2.rar

Thor

zip0 support, you dons

well done to all who have brought this to Gp32!

hats off to you guys!

Does it slow the whole game down, or only the loading-process (sorry, cannot try it out at the moment)? If it really slows the game down, I might consider sticking to the prior version (or at least, don't use zip-support).

Thanks so much Thor, for creating this must-have out of ..nowhere. (KOF91, didn't even now it existed).

the zip support seems to work great :D got all the characters zipped up, so its just one file per character now instead of 100's... which is a GREAT thing :D I hadn't tried KOF91 up until now but the port rocks, and its hella fun having different characters from different games :D

so its just one file per character now instead of 100's... which is a GREAT thing :D
most definitely - this was the longest time to install a game ever i think until now ! - quite a blast to watch this all happening, with the zipped characters it saves a stack of time and i have 20 of them on the gp ;)

edit ps - GP32 Spain have a huge amount of characters to download - and i just found Spiderman here and Captain America here along with some different backgrounds.. some are animated.. havent tried them yet...

edit again - is it possible to have a character always associated with a certain background ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to say thanks for all your time and effort.

Until now i had been unable to play the game, something on my SMC was not leting me run the game and it just rebooted. I have just reformated the card and have to say KOF is great.

Im off to get some new characters right now.

Thanks once again.

is anyone having hassle with special moves in this version ? ive changed hulk char.ini to the same button combinations as i had before, doesnt seem to work ?

It works for me, but you can send me your zip or char.ini if you want me to test your files.
For the background association with character : in the official 1.2 release
(next week) as you're not the only one who want it...

Thor

Just want to say KOF91 is an awesome game. Never expected to have Ryu Vs Rayden or Joe Higashi vs Genma (the panda). Keep up the good work. (and I'll try that beta tonight when I get back from work).

well done...awsome job.....
what are your plans for this next...i know you have charater background assinment down....so what is it?....
also i have marspeople from snk vs capcom abot 50% done.....
can i sent it to you when it's finished?

This rawks, as always!

Another feature request (although unlikely, since it would be adding to the original rather than simply porting) might be the ability to jump over characters. Exactly why that's not possible with the original KOF91 I don't know, but if its because of a "line dot" way of placing and associating the charatcers, you might be able to do it simply by having another variable that was either set to 0 or 1 when defining where characters were and would be checked for events that affected each char (e.g. being hit by a fireball). If 0 then it assumes the characters are the default way round. If its 1, then all drawing routines, health changes, collisions, etc, get switched to affect the opposite of what they would normally affect. At the crossover, you could (possibly) have all the variables for one char dumped into a separate "dummy" set, followed by having the other char copied on top, and then the original stuff dumped into the second char's situation. Or something. It probably wouldn't work (I'm no coder), and I've probably explained the idea badly (I'm tired), but if it were possible, it'd be a good addition to both the GP port and the PC version (if, as I understand it, this has been one of the limitations of KOF91 from the word go).

Good port though. Very very good port.

Back