Kof91 1.4 Install Help Needed

pfennig

Still Fresh
I need help installing KOF91 version 1.4 on my gp32_console (original FW). I downloaded the zip, it contains:
KOF91.FXE
important.txt
KOF91_README.txt
KOF91/OPEN.FLC
KOF91/SKINS/FALKEN91.ZIP
KOF91/SKINS/REEF.ZIP
KOF91/SKINS/SKINS.INI

I copied all the above except for the .txt files onto my SM at /GPMM/ (ie /GPMM/KOF91.FXE, /GPMM/KOF91/...). When I run it via freelauncher, I get a KOF91 splash screen and then my GP32 resets. :angry:

I've used the search feature and found a few people who had a similar problem, but the answer is usually "download the full zip" or "read the important.txt". Is the KOF91_v1.4.zip not the 'full zip'? the important.txt just says:
becareful !

copy SKINS in the KOF91 folder.

Thor
This doesn't make a lick of sense to me :huh: . Copy the SKINS directory to where, if not /GPMM/KOF91/SKINS? Be careful of what?

A lot of other posts about setting up KOF91 talk about putting files in the SPRITES dir or the BKDGS dir. These directories did not come with the zip - what am I missing? Even the KOF91_README.txt talks about these other directories, and they aren't part of the KOF91_v1.4.zip.

Other posts talk about putting FONT.PCX and FONT.TXT somewhere to fix problems similar to mine. I could not find a post that told me where to get these files or where exactly to put them (in one of the folders I don't have?).

I've even downloaded v1.2, v1.3, and v1.5b to see if they have more files, but some of these have even less!

Also, www.kof91.com seems to be down, so I couldn't get any help there.

Please help me complete the install:
1) download KOF91_1.4.zip
2) unzip KOF91_1.4.zip
3) copy KOF91.FXE and the KOF91 folder to /GPMM/
4) ? gotta be more or something ?
5) Add CKEN.ZIP (for example) to /GPMM/???/???/???

Thanks,
Pfennig

Ok... first, get hold of the "full" zip as Thor calls it. You'll find it on the GBAX 2004 page, since it was an entry, I believe - go to www.gbax.com and there should be a link there. Then get hold of the latest .fxe, which may or may not be 1.4 (I lost track a while ago), and having installed the full thing, overwrite the .fxe with the newer one.

Hopefully that'll work. Good luck :)

Oh, and btw, I can't remember what dir the characters go in, but the full zip has everything set out - just find the directory with lots of .zip files named after characters, and add yours there :)

Back