Keyboard light broken

N3Cr0

Hello,

some days ago I have added some keyboard lights to my Pandora. Therefor I followed this tutorial.

It worked great untill this morning. Then I first had a loose connection between a resistor and the LED on the right. Later both LEDs stopped working.

Now, I have fixed the connection and both should shine. I even have connected a power supply to the Illumination and everything seems to be OK with it.

But it doesn't get powered though.

It looks to me like there is somewhere a defective fuse on the mainboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, it may not be defective if you managed to short out the LED while messing around with your resistor with the power on.  In fact if you did that it'd probably blow the LED first, dunno.

As always with these things, have you got independent means of testing out the parts?  A multimeter will let you test leads coming off the KP-BL pads for the right voltage, and a slightly better multimeter will let you test the LED.

I have measured the connection between the mainboard KP_Light connector and the plug from the LEDs.

Also I have connected a seperate PSU to the LED plug and they work properly.

EDIT:

Ouch, that's embrassing!

On the last attempt, I accidently confused + and - on my LED plug. Now I turned it around and it's working.

Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, does sound like something on the pandora board has gone pop.  Looking at my spare board, I can't see anything that looks like a fuse to my eyes near to the KP-BL pads on either side of the board.  I would hope those pads are fused rather than it taking out the CPU GPIOs, but I don't know.

To be honest I don't know of anyone who reads here regularly that would know the board well enough to advise you on that level of detail.  But hopefully I'm wrong.

It's fixed now, but here we have the connector (on the right):

DSC_0300.jpg

Back