Couple Of Things I Need Help With?

dosteridge

I play, therefore I am?
Website
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Guess what.....I got my Pandora this morning :D

I have to say that, on first impression, I am exceptionally impressed.....I will tell more later.

I have a couple of issues though as follows:

1. It won't run any PND's! I have only tried Fuse and Lynx but it just won't execute them at all, is there something I am missing here?

2. It dosen't seem to be charging, pluged it in and nothing happens - no lights on and the battery is still diminishing its power?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

dosteridge said:
Hi everybody,

Guess what.....I got my Pandora this morning :D

I have to say that, on first impression, I am exceptionally impressed.....I will tell more later.

I have a couple of issues though as follows:

1. It won't run any PND's! I have only tried Fuse and Lynx but it just won't execute them at all, is there something I am missing here?

Create a folder called pandora on your sd card.
Inside that folder create two folders; menu and desktop

pnds that you put in the menu folder will show on the menu, and pnds in the desktop folder will appear on the desktop

2. It dosen't seem to be charging, pluged it in and nothing happens - no lights on and the battery is still diminishing its power?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hmmm not a good sign. Have you tried charging with USB? Maybe the charger is dud?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the Tweaks Thread pinned in this section. Maybe you didn't plug the charger into the adaptor correctly. The charger has to be plugged in sideways.

plug1.jpg

Also be sure to read the online manual
http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual

if your battery is too low then you won't see any charge lights or signs of life until the charge manager thinks the battery is charged enough, turn off the Pandora and leave it a hour or so (come on...it ain't THAT hard, go out for a meal or something)

:ph34r: dispatching forum ninjas to retrieve unattended Pandora :ph34r: :pandora2ut4: :ph34r:

hobbyman II said:
if your battery is too low then you won't see any charge lights or signs of life until the charge manager thinks the battery is charged enough, turn off the Pandora and leave it a hour or so (come on...it ain't THAT hard, go out for a meal or something)

:ph34r: dispatching forum ninjas to retrieve unattended Pandora :ph34r: :pandora2ut4: :ph34r:

Turning off the Pandora will do him nothing. The charger would immediately turn it back on. (Assuming the charger is working)

-God Ginrai

^ I think Hobbyman talks about the special case when the battery charge is too low and needs a while to come to live. It's not applicable to the OP's situation anyway, as the Pandora apparently already turned on.

mali said:
^ I think Hobbyman talks about the special case when the battery charge is too low and needs a while to come to live. It's not applicable to the OP's situation anyway, as the Pandora apparently already turned on.

I figured he was talking about that, but I didn't want him confusing the OP, so I corrected him.

-God Ginrai

Thank you all for your replies I now have handy working, fuse won't work but I will have a play with that when I get some more time.

It's just a dead charger, it charges fine over USB and with my PSP charger so no big problems here.

Seriously the Pandora is everything I was expecting and more, still can't quite believe that it's here :D

dosteridge said:
Thank you all for your replies I now have handy working, fuse won't work but I will have a play with that when I get some more time.

It's just a dead charger, it charges fine over USB and with my PSP charger so no big problems here.

Seriously the Pandora is everything I was expecting and more, still can't quite believe that it's here :D

Why does EVERYONE ( it seems ) that has a pandora, also have a PSP / PSP charger too? =P

Why does EVERYONE ( it seems ) that has a pandora, also have a PSP / PSP charger too? =P

I don't, but then I don't have a Pandora yet either (ordered @ 15:32 so exciting :) email any minute now). My GP2X is my first handheld, but that's getting a bit long in the tooth now. I want to get another Pan charger for work so I only have to carry the Pan itself (and maybe a USB cable).

Where can you get a REAL PSP charger? All I can find is copies/clones on Amazon or eBay(shudder), not a real SONY one.

PurplePup said:

I don't, but then I don't have a Pandora yet either (ordered @ 15:32 so exciting :) email any minute now). My GP2X is my first handheld, but that's getting a bit long in the tooth now. I want to get another Pan charger for work so I only have to carry the Pan itself (and maybe a USB cable).

Where can you get a REAL PSP charger? All I can find is copies/clones on Amazon or eBay(shudder), not a real SONY one.

Have you tried looking at a real store?

-God Ginrai

Back