Kernel 3.9 has a SSD cache feature! Can Pandora use this? :D

Technically. the idea is based on IO caching... you have a big slow drive and a small fast drive.

We're running off NAND for the root and memory for the rest. plus we've not swapping GB of IO.. so we wouldn't get an kind of speedup :)

It's a nice idea tho... we keep almost everything in memory which is faster than caching in most cases.

Oh why thank you young sir for the most prompt reply. 

It's a shame it wouldn't change any functionality. Out of interest why is Pandy still on 3.2? 

I guess because it is a ton of work to get all parameters right and customize new kernels for our hardware...

Edit: If it is not broken, why change it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess because it is a ton of work to get all parameters right and customize new kernels for our hardware...

Edit: If it is not broken, why change it?
It's not a ton of work, but it is still quite a bit of work and it doesn't offer anything new we don't have yet.

Ed I have a question for you. I'm about to buy a pandora but based in the UK. However I'm going to Amsterdam for a few weeks.

If I got my mate to buy it in Amsterdam would I not have to pay the 20 percent UK Vat? 

Cheers

Your friend would have to pay the dutch VAT then. Should be just a very minor saving, IIRC.

Ed I have a question for you. I'm about to buy a pandora but based in the UK. However I'm going to Amsterdam for a few weeks.

If I got my mate to buy it in Amsterdam would I not have to pay the 20 percent UK Vat? 

Cheers

Your friend would have to pay the dutch VAT then. Should be just a very minor saving, IIRC.
No and no :)

You pay the VAT for the country you buy it FROM within the EU, so it is always 19% (German VAT).

Back