Pandora Linux Kernel

magicman5421

TASTY SNACKS
so i was browsing the 2.6.29 changelog and i came across a very interesting/happy line
under the sound category:
· OMAP3 Pandora support

:D
pandora has been noticed by the linux kernel people

Last edited by a moderator:
'magicman5421' said:
so i was browsing the 2.6.29 changelog and i came across a very interesting/happy line
under the sound category:
· OMAP3 Pandora support

:D
pandora has been noticed by the linux kernel people
That's normal procedure if you want a device's support in mainline kernel. In the commit log you can see who committed the code. AFAIK it was one of the Pandora developers, Grazvydas Ignotas. This is only good for Pandora to have support in the mainline kernel. This way it would be kept up to date.

Yup, Pandora has basic support in mainline kernel. I say "basic" because a lot of OMAP code is not in mainline yet, and some things will never be, like those open SGX parts. Those wanting full support will still need to use our kernel fork.

notaz said:
Yup, Pandora has basic support in mainline kernel. I say "basic" because a lot of OMAP code is not in mainline yet, and some things will never be, like those open SGX parts. Those wanting full support will still need to use our kernel fork.
wait till the reverse engineered code for the gpu driver is done.

Vorporeal said:
Hmm... wonder how far Maciek has gotten with that...
don't know. but it's only one chip so it's a few orders of magnitude easier then say reversed engineered open source nvidia driver.

Back