Release KeepNote

Caine

Hardcore Member
Per request in this topic, a quick port of KeepNote.

keepnote.org said:
KeepNote is a note taking application that works on Windows, Linux, and MacOS X. With KeepNote, you can store your class notes, TODO lists, research notes, journal entries, paper outlines, etc in a simple notebook hierarchy with rich-text formatting, images, and more. Using full-text search, you can retrieve any note for later reference.
I'm not too familiar with the program myself yet, so if at least the requester can assist in testing it would be appreciated. The PND can be found in the repo.

Known bugs:

• Insert screenshot seems to fail. Apparently you need to configure an external application for this.
  • The screenshots on the projects website are desktop versions. I would like to add pandora sized screenshots of similar complexity (i.e. which really showcase the application). Unfortunately, I don't have any sample notebooks of that complexity. If the requester has any, contributed screenshots are greatly appreciated.
  • I should configure some sane default tools for the Pandora (such as e.g. Thunar as file manager, etc...) such that more stuff works out of the box without configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per request in this topic, a quick port of KeepNote.

keepnote.org said:
KeepNote is a note taking application that works on Windows, Linux, and MacOS X. With KeepNote, you can store your class notes, TODO lists, research notes, journal entries, paper outlines, etc in a simple notebook hierarchy with rich-text formatting, images, and more. Using full-text search, you can retrieve any note for later reference.
I'm not too familiar with the program myself yet, so if at least the requester can assist in testing it would be appreciated. The PND can be found in the repo.

Known bugs:

• Insert screenshot seems to fail. Apparently you need to configure an external application for this.
  • The screenshots on the projects website are desktop versions. I would like to add pandora sized screenshots of similar complexity (i.e. which really showcase the application). Unfortunately, I don't have any sample notebooks of that complexity. If the requester has any, contributed screenshots are greatly appreciated.
  • I should configure some sane default tools for the Pandora (such as e.g. Thunar as file manager, etc...) such that more stuff works out of the box without configuration.
I don't have my Pandora yet but, soon as I do, maybe by next week, I will install it and see. Again, thanks

Hello, and thanks for this tool. Unfortunately I've been having somewhat frequent crashes.

It opens fine, and I can edit my notebook, create child notes, drag & drop things, cut & paste, and then suddenly it crashes, I believe the crashes occur when I cut & paste, though not every time.

Below is the /tmp/pndrun _keepnote.out

Code:
=======================================================================================

PND     		: /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/KeepNote.pnd

PND_FSTYPE  	: Squashfs

APPDATADIR  	: /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/keepnote

APPDD_FSTYPE	: ext2

PND_CPUSPEED	: <unset>

EXENAME 		: keepnote

ARGUMENTS   	: <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/keepnote"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/keepnote=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/keepnote=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/keepnote"

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (keepnote ) ----------

==============================================

KeepNote 0.7.5: Tue Nov 15 17:31:23 2011

enabling extension 'backup_tar'

enabling extension 'new_file'

enabling extension 'editor_insert_date'

enabling extension 'command_basics'

enabling extension 'export_html'

enabling extension 'python_prompt'

enabling extension 'keepnote'

OperationalError: no such module: fts3

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/gui/three_pane_viewer.py", line 1069, in <lambda>

lambda w: self.goto_prev_node()),

File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/gui/three_pane_viewer.py", line 714, in goto_prev_node

path, col = widget.get_cursor()

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_cursor'

File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/gui/three_pane_viewer.py", line 1069, in <lambda>

File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/gui/three_pane_viewer.py", line 714, in goto_prev_node

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 519:  1473 Segmentation fault  	"./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (keepnote ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/keepnote': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 6

Since I've also had this problem with another notetaking software, Freemind, perhaps the two are somehow related. Or maybe it's to do with HF6.

If any other details would help let me know

Hello, and thanks for this tool. Unfortunately I've been having somewhat frequent crashes.

It opens fine, and I can edit my notebook, create child notes, drag & drop things, cut & paste, and then suddenly it crashes, I believe the crashes occur when I cut & paste, though not every time.

Below is the /tmp/pndrun _keepnote.out

<snip>

Since I've also had this problem with another notetaking software, Freemind, perhaps the two are somehow related. Or maybe it's to do with HF6.

If any other details would help let me know
That stack-trace is sufficient. There is an update available in the repo (release 0.7.5.3).

It is a pretty obvious bug, but please let me know if the newer version indeed fixes it. I'll contact the upstream author such that it doesn't return in newer versions.

[edit]I did not notice the segfault at first.

I'm not entirely sure this also causes the segfault. How much free memory do you have while editing your KeepNote notebook?

[/edit]

That stack-trace is sufficient. There is an update available in the repo (release 0.7.5.3).

It is a pretty obvious bug, but please let me know if the newer version indeed fixes it. I'll contact the upstream author such that it doesn't return in newer versions.

[edit]I did not notice the segfault at first.

I'm not entirely sure this also causes the segfault. How much free memory do you have while editing your KeepNote notebook?

[/edit]

41 meg according to 'free -m'

I downloaded the update so I'll see how it works tomorrow at work.

Hello.

I got my Pandora this Monday. Put the Os on SD, Super Zaxxon 1.6. Since then. it won't start.

the .out says:

PND             : /media/64GB/pandora/apps/KeepNote.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/64GB/pandora/appdata/keepnote
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : keepnote
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/utmp/keepnote"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/64GB/pandora/appdata/keepnote=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/keepnote=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/keepnote"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( keepnote  ) ----------
  File "./keepnote", line 79, in <module>
    import keepnote
  File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/__init__.py", line 51, in <module>
    from keepnote.notebook import \
  File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/notebook/__init__.py", line 47, in <module>
    from keepnote import trans
  File "/mnt/utmp/keepnote/keepnote/trans.py", line 28, in <module>
    import ctypes
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( keepnote  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/keepnote': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

can you please fix it? I would highly appreciate it

It may be the upgrade from python 2.6 to 2.7 in SZ 1.60 that breaks this.

i thought the same. but there must be a way to fix it, without messing with the firmware, or go back to 1,55...

I had time to try this.. it works fine on my 1GHZ unit, just recently updated to 1.60.

i deleted it and installed it from PND manager. I formatted the SD and repeated installation of the Firmware. I beginn to think, that it has something to do with the OS running from the SD. Tomorrow i will take a closer look to the SD. Maybe a Problem with read/ write access or something like that

Edit: the OS runs from one SD, the PND is on another. When I remove the SD with the OS and boot from NAND, it works. Is there any other Information I could provide? 

Back