New Official Scummvm Release (0.10.0)

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Hi Everybody,

Just a quick note to draw people’s attention to the latest release of ScummVM (0.10.0).

This includes the supported official release of the GP2X port.

You can find information about the release on the main ScummVM pages here including download links for the GP2X.

Additionally the compatibility lists and information for the GP2X port has been tidied up for this release and this information can be found on the ScummVM Wiki here.

Before any questions of compatibility with specific games are raised I would like to draw people’s attention to the following ScummVM Wiki page that outlines what criteria are used to decide if games are compatible with the port. I hope this should clear up any misunderstandings over what games are ‘supported’ on the port and the reasoning behind such decisions.

As always please leave feedback here or over at the ports official ScummVM forum. Any updates to the compatibility information are always appreciated as are patches and bug reports ;).

Hey, awesome :D Hopefully I'll have some time to pull out the old games again, good to see your still working on it ;)

Thanks DJWillis, ScummVM is one of my favourite GP2X projects already, so any more work is just gravy. Gravy, get it? 0.X.0? I need more coffee, or perhaps less.

Anyway, I'll test Ween: The Prophecy tonight if I get chance :)

fishybawb said:
Thanks DJWillis, ScummVM is one of my favourite GP2X projects already, so any more work is just gravy. Gravy, get it? 0.X.0? I need more coffee, or perhaps less.
BOOM! BOOM! :D

fishybawb said:
Anyway, I'll test Ween: The Prophecy tonight if I get chance :)
That would be great if you could, let me know how it goes and I will ensure the lists are updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot DJWillis, I always look forward to your updates, every new update you release and you sterngthen my hope that one day I will be finishing Broken Sword on the 2X, not pushing or anything, I really appreciate all what you do :)

DJWillis,

I been playing around with your preview version, I dont know if for the released version if you fixed this issue. When I run Indiana Atlantis and I hit a button that appears to be designed to pause the engine, it starts a flicker or pulse, I can get out of it by going into the menu. I havnt tried any other games to see if its just a problem with the game or the engine in general.
Havnt come across any issues with Atlantis yet, im very close to being through one of the game paths.

sehs33 said:
Thanks alot DJWillis, I always look forward to your updates, every new update you release and you sterngthen my hope that one day I will be finishing Broken Sword on the 2X, not pushing or anything, I really appreciate all what you do :)
I keep working on it, they are orange now so support is getting there ;).
Expect DXA and sound speedups going into the main codebase (so future SVN builds but not the 0.10.* release line). I am also playing with some new zoom modes in addition to the 1/4 screen one currently used.

QuasaR said:
Very great!! Stupid question, but will there be USB mouse/keyboard support?
USB Mouse - Yes, it has been supported for many versions now.
USB Keyboard - Should be, I broke support and have not fixed it yet, sorry.

Pickle said:
I been playing around with your preview version, I dont know if for the released version if you fixed this issue. When I run Indiana Atlantis and I hit a button that appears to be designed to pause the engine, it starts a flicker or pulse, I can get out of it by going into the menu. I havnt tried any other games to see if its just a problem with the game or the engine in general.
Havnt come across any issues with Atlantis yet, im very close to being through one of the game paths.
Hmmm, sounds like something is funny with the key repeat code. I will test that and have a look. Thanks.

By the way, you have fighting marked as not working on the WIKI. The only thing that didnt appear to really work was the hay amker option. I was still able to win the fight by clicking on the nazi and pressing away with regular punches.

DJWillis said:
sehs33 said:
I keep working on it, they are orange now so support is getting there ;).
Expect DXA and sound speedups going into the main codebase (so future SVN builds but not the 0.10.* release line). I am also playing with some new zoom modes in addition to the 1/4 screen one currently used.

QuasaR said:
Very great!! Stupid question, but will there be USB mouse/keyboard support?
USB Mouse - Yes, it has been supported for many versions now.
USB Keyboard - Should be, I broke support and have not fixed it yet, sorry.

Pickle said:
Hmmm, sounds like something is funny with the key repeat code. I will test that and have a look. Thanks.

Just to further back up the key repeat code
I tried Police Quest 1 and knocked the A button and it kept doing loads of "................."

Only other problem I have is I dont have enough space on my SDCard to fit any more scumm games on :(

Back