Just Volt-modded My Gp32

Octavious posted on Dec 16 2004 at 07:58 PM said:
do you have any info on what pack/s you bought?
as I can go to Radio Shack right after Christmas, I just wanna get the right ones
thx

~Octavious

It was the largest pack they sell. It cost $12-$14 and has like a hundred different sets of resistors.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok
what did you use to test the voltage and how did you do it?
sorry If I am anoying, I will make a page for this on my website after I do my mod
I dont have anything that will measure to the .xx of a signal, just howmany volts in general
could you please post the name of the product you used to test the votage and how you did it
like, what conectors you connected what wires, wether u turned on the gp32 or whatever

thx for working with me on this

~Octavious

Okay... I am thinking I do want to try this mod myself

just a couple questions.

Is there a 'good' variety of soldering iron I should be using for this? The contact points look really small in the pics I've seen. I have just a regular soldering iron, with a rather large needle (about 1/4" diameter with a tip about as blunt as a ballpoint pen). Also, is there a good kind of solder I should use for small connections like this?

I also have just some... 'regular' solder if there is such a thing... I dunno but I've used it before to mod chip my Dreamcast and let me say, it was really a pain in the ass. The connection points were also pretty small, and I had to undo and redo things a couple times... it was very hard to do precisely with the stuff I have.

Back