Just Ordered My Pandora

Hello! I'm new to the forums - I just ordered my Pandora today and wanted to get acquainted. I've read up on the wiki and the forums for the past couple weeks. I went with UPS shipping and ordered with spare parts. I went with UPS because the extra $25 for shipping to the US seemed worth it (to be able to track and have the package arrive sooner). Looking into the product for some time now, it felt like a good time to purchase because they ship within 7 business days. So hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have a new Pandora waiting for me!

I'm primarily gaming on my xbox360, PC, nintendo wii, iPhone4, and iPad right now. My gaming life has been pretty extensive since the early 90s and I've owned a number of consoles and played a number of PC games up until now. What I'm hoping to get out of the Pandora is the ability to play my favorite retro games on a handheld with great controls while having a fully functional PC with keyboard in my pocket. I'm fairly new to the Linux based operating system, but I look forward to the learning process.

I'll reply to this post to state my thoughts on the shipping process and initial impressions, and maybe post something a little more extensive after a week or two of heavy use. I'm interested to see the condition of the unit upon arrival. I'm also interested to see what I'll be using my iPhone for and what I'll be using my Pandora for. I've enjoyed gaming on the iPhone, but I haven't enjoyed the controls. The iControlPad did not appeal to me very much, and with the controls on the iPhone/iPad I find that I play mostly turned-based strategy and RPGs. These genres seem to work fine with only touch controls.

awwwwshit.jpg

Hello! I'm new to the forums - I just ordered my Pandora today and wanted to get acquainted. I've read up on the wiki and the forums for the past couple weeks. I went with UPS shipping and ordered with spare parts. I went with UPS because the extra $25 for shipping to the US seemed worth it (to be able to track and have the package arrive sooner). Looking into the product for some time now, it felt like a good time to purchase because they ship within 7 business days. So hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have a new Pandora waiting for me!

I'm primarily gaming on my xbox360, PC, nintendo wii, iPhone4, and iPad right now. My gaming life has been pretty extensive since the early 90s and I've owned a number of consoles and played a number of PC games up until now. What I'm hoping to get out of the Pandora is the ability to play my favorite retro games on a handheld with great controls while having a fully functional PC with keyboard in my pocket. I'm fairly new to the Linux based operating system, but I look forward to the learning process.

I'll reply to this post to state my thoughts on the shipping process and initial impressions, and maybe post something a little more extensive after a week or two of heavy use. I'm interested to see the condition of the unit upon arrival. I'm also interested to see what I'll be using my iPhone for and what I'll be using my Pandora for. I've enjoyed gaming on the iPhone, but I haven't enjoyed the controls. The iControlPad did not appeal to me very much, and with the controls on the iPhone/iPad I find that I play mostly turned-based strategy and RPGs. These genres seem to work fine with only touch controls.

Just to let you know I ordered mine last Saturday with the 24 48hr shipping and just got a email dying will be delivered on Friday. So less than 1 week that's awesome. I cant wait to play and mess around with this. I might buy another to try and mod or use it as a way to make games.

This thread took an... um... tangent. :lol:

As posted initially, I said I would reply to the thread stating my thoughts on the shipping process and initial impressions. I do not have initial impressions yet, but I just received an email this morning notifying me that my Pandora has been shipped! :D So I do have some thoughts on the shipping thus far. So to recap:

Order Date: April 26, 2011 (approximately 1:00pm Eastern Time)(also, I think the first working/business day is considered April 27, 2011 overseas because of the time that I ordered)

Shipping Date: May 9, 2011

The shipping date occurred on the seventh working/business day, as guaranteed by sales. This also included the royal wedding weekend... :angry: But regardless, it was shipped on time! And this was during the wifi troubles the team has encountered and a possible increase in demand due to Ashen's Pandora review. So that is really good news.

Also, I was not given a UPS tracking number with my shipping notification. I'm a little upset by that since this was one of my reasons for choosing to go the UPS shipping route, but I'm hoping I can get that settled tomorrow (I've contacted OpenPandora Ltd through google checkout and plan on contacting UPS tomorrow). Looking through the forums, it appears this issue (no tracking number) has been encountered by a few people. It doesn't really show how their shipping turned out, though.

Anyway, I expect that my Pandora will reach my house in the states tomorrow, and I will reply to the thread once I receive my unit to state my initial impressions! And possible review later on...

Just to let you know I ordered mine last Saturday with the 24 48hr shipping and just got a email dying will be delivered on Friday. So less than 1 week that's awesome. I cant wait to play and mess around with this. I might buy another to try and mod or use it as a way to make games.

I would really like to make some games, but only time will tell if I have to time to develop games instead of just being an end-user type for the Pandora! And of course, coding and developing on the fly could be very convenient on the Pandora also.

Back