Just Ordered A Gp32!

OK, ok so hang on... you're saying I should open up loads of tabs (firefox- or loadsa windows in IE), each with a different bid in the bid box in the last few minutes, each one is what, slightly higher than the last? then bid smallest, wait then bid next? Or only use it in an "in case I'm quickly outbidden" sorta way? Currently it's staying at £32, but I guess this could spiral up. I'd rather not exceed say £40 or so pounds if I can help it though ;) Hopefully the other 2 bidders aren't so keen to get it, though they seem to be hedging their bets- they're also bidding on the next GP32 in line to end auction... <_< Well, if all else fails, I'm going for a "buy it now!" labelled one (there's a fairly decent one on that list, but much more expensive than the current bids), or go to gbax.com and find the link to their "last units" ebay sale. I'm not so keen on auctions simply because there is no guarantee on buying- one person only can "win" the auction. If I can, I buy by more normal means (ie there is usually more than one, and you pay a fixed price)

But... what if THEY know the window trick too ;P :) Well, it's all down to luck anyway I guess. My browsers primed to shoot off quickly though ;) Thankyou for the advice, I reckon it'll help. Must... have GP! I'm already loading a directory on my computer with stuff in anticipation and preparation ;) The item description doesn't say whether it comes with computer USB transfer cable or not, but if not, then, well, card reader/writers that support like 20+ formats including SM are fairly cheap.

I hope you win. Good luck. You say the item description doesn't say if it comes with the USB and your setting your computer up as if you've won the auction. Don't get your hopes up. I nice little happy note for you. Tell us if you do win.

Laintsurge posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Yeah I know about DrMD. You say it's practically perfect. I'm wondering, before I get my GP32, what compatibility issues are there ?
Take a look at WarmFluffy's compatibility list. By no means does it list every game and whether it's compatible, but it has a good many.
http://www.berzerk.co.uk/gp32/GameList.php?EmuNo=1

Most games run great on DrMD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm glad most work. I've looked at that list before and it does have games like Sonic and Golden Axe on it. But where is the compatibilty for Streets of Rage, Street Fighter and Sonic 3 and Sonic Spinball etc. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my GP32 :) Can't wait.

I hope you win. Good luck. You say the item description doesn't say if it comes with the USB and your setting your computer up as if you've won the auction. Don't get your hopes up. I nice little happy note for you. Tell us if you do win.

Nah, I'm not "getting my hopes up". I don't think I'm gonna win this one now, because of various issues over payment (read: I don't have a debit/credit card and may be unable to use one of my parents in time) and the auction ends in just over half an hour. So unless by some miracle... but anyway, that'll be one less person in the market for a GP32 off ebay, so maybe I'll be able to win the next one. There are several units being sold there after all, and more might come up. Anyway, no harm in getting some software ready "just in case"... I have some software ready for when I finally get GP2X as well (OK, so this is more likely to go out of date before I actually get one, but there's no harm in being prepared)- After all, it's easy enough to delete it if things change ;)

EDIT:-||LaintSurge: looked at the auction you won- pretty good going! Nice lot of stuff you got there!

Yeah if you wait you might get a better deal. Do you think what I bought was worth the price. I didn't really mind how much I paid for it as I made the money from XMAS caroling :D The more that are bought the less people that want one. But some new people are bound to want it. So that theory is incorrect :p

Well, I lost that one- outbid at the last second! :( Oh well, like I said, I didn't really expect to win. I'm now wondering if to just go for "Buy it now!" at ~£68 (with box, cable, CD, and 2 SMCs) and be safe, or to bid on the auction for one which is currently at ~£41 but still has 2 days left (but comes with craploads of SMCs with software already on). Hmm... Definitely tempted to null any more risk of missing another by just buying before someone else does...

Well the up of the Buy It Now one is that it's a fixed price and it's got a glass screen. The down part is that it's a NLU as far as I can tell. As for the £41 one it sounds a good deal but it's probably going to go up a lot in the next 2 days. But the disadvantage is that it doesn't have the cable.

Back