Just Got My Gp32, Other Firmware Causes Corruption

Neptune

Still Fresh
Hi There,

I just received my GP32 in the mail today (YAY) but whenever I try flashing with other firmware I get a link block above the middle portion of the screen...it ONLY does this with other firmware. I even had a guy send me the same firmware thats on here and it did it. Only works with my original firmware. ANY help would be muich appreciated. Thanks

How strange!

I have never heard of anything like that before...

I have been reading recent posts, A LOT of systems are doing this, and the guy who started the lik-sang at fault thread and another guy has done this. Now mine. I have just emailed Lik-Sang hoping for a replacement

um...I just got mine in the mail today too.... i just have one question and I don't mean to sound mean or like an ass but... why were you playing with your firmware on the first day of owning it?

although... I guess it is good you know your gp32 responds this way sooner than later... guess your going to have to decide if you can live with only having access to the gamepark firmware ....keep in mind this could be a sign of other things wrong with your devise... I recommend taking advantage of your warranty...

I am going to. The reason I did this is because the default firmware doesn't have all those neat features. I have already emailed them and awaiting a response

Mine GP32 awaits me at the post office, I was late today. I am gonna pick it up tomorrow morning, needless to say I am a bit nervous to see what surprise is packed inside :eek:

If you ordered from Lik then I can guarantee you will have the same problem as the rest of us

EDIT: I have done more testing, it's applications that aren't running either. I am wondering if a simple voltage mod will fix the problem. Hmm...

worldwriter posted on Dec 6 2004 at 10:06 PM said:
um...I just got mine in the mail today too.... i just have one question and I don't mean to sound mean or like an ass but... why were you playing with your firmware on the first day of owning it?

although... I guess it is good you know your gp32 responds this way sooner than later... guess your going to have to decide if you can live with only having access to the gamepark firmware ....keep in mind this could be a sign of other things wrong with your devise... I recommend taking advantage of your warranty...
I flashed my gp32 directly when I got it

Last edited by a moderator:
Neptune posted on Dec 6 2004 at 09:42 PM said:
If you ordered from Lik then I can guarantee you will have the same problem as the rest of us

Yup I and my friend we both ordered from Liksang. I am curious if the fault percentage is 100%. Will find out tomorrow for sure.

Unfortunately I dont have a spare memory card here. Is it possible to erase the Original SMC card that is shipped along with BLU?

Yes but if you are implying the memory card could be at fault that isn't the case. If I reflash with my original firmware I don't get the line, but I don't get a good running system either.

uhh.

you might not want to tell lik-sang
about it though..

I think theres something in the warrenty
saying its void if you flash the firmware...

maybe i'm just crazy though :rolleyes:

I didn't say that other firmware caused it. But now it's just not even that. I tried to run some homebrew games, they all get the line. It's a H/W fault.

well you should buy from gbax pay the extra n support the competitions that craig runs,, i did n i am over happy with mine,, sorry to hear bout you babys guys hope you get it sorted, at least its a big company so you have a chance of getting it resolved

I probably will, at this point if I don't receive a reply within a day or two, I am filing a claim

Neptune posted on Dec 7 2004 at 12:26 AM said:
I probably will, at this point if I don't receive a reply within a day or two, I am filing a claim

Can you point me to the files/games that cause that line, I dont want to flash bios right now, but want to check if I got OK system or not. Thanks a lot.

one more thing, my parcel was obviously shipped from Sweden :eek: . There is no LikSang sign on it anywere, just LikSang sticker "Thank you for your order" inside.

Is it normal? All other parcels I got from Liksang were shipped direclty from Far East.

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 12:00 PM said:
one more thing, my parcel was obviously shipped from Sweden :eek: . There is no LikSang sign on it anywere, just LikSang sticker "Thank you for your order" inside.

Is it normal? All other parcels I got from Liksang were shipped direclty from Far East.

They recently opened a few more warehouses / shipping houses worlwide, so that's okay.

Last edited:
Back