Just Got It, No Idea Where To Start.

ClaireBelli

Still Fresh
As suggested by the title I have just received a Caanoo for Christmas, and I find it's being more troublesome than I'd previously expected. What I'm trying to run is a GBA emulator, more specifically caanoo-gpsp-v0.9.1.zip. I extracted it, read the readmes and did what I thought it was asking but nothings showing up. The instructions were as follows:
1. Place the "gpsp.gpe" and "game_config.txt" file in a directory on your SD
card used with the GP2X.
2. Place your GBA BIOS in the directory from step 1. This file must be named
"gba_bios.bin" in all lowercase as shown, so rename it if needed.
3. Place your GBA games in the directory from step 1. These files should have
a ".gba" or ".bin" file extension. Zip compressed games should be supported
and are recognized with the ".zip" file extension. Note that 32MB ROMs will
probably not run if zipped. 16MB and smaller should be OK.
4. Done. Run gpsp.gpe.

I placed all those files in my game folder as I figured thats where they'd go, nothing showed up. I had first simply placed them on the SD card in no specific folder and when I used explore the gpsp.gpe file did show up but when I clicked on it it turned black and did nothing so I shut the system off. I could no longer locate the file there but it was still on my SD card so I removed it.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated and I will continue to look around for ways to fix this issue...

Update: It seems I've finally managed to get the emulator appear in the games list but now all it does is sit at the loading screen, suggestions...?

i had a similar problem with gpsp recently. i'd select it and the screen would go black and freeze up. the solution, for me, was updating the firmware. i went from 1.0.1 to l.0.6. now gpsp runs like a dream.

Back