Just Got A Nintendo Wii

Shops across the uk, from wat ive heard, are set to receive more stock next week, probably on thursday. However, most of these will be going to fulfill preorders. Not sure if all of europe is to receive more stock next week. The UK is certainly supposed to be getting it. So either next week or the week after for continental europe.
If ur wanting a wii and ur in europe, find an online australian site as the australian wii is pal and so games from this region should work on it. It'd be cheaper than paying the £400+ that they're going for on eBay.

well im in uk anyhow, im tied wether or not to cancel my play.com preorder, ive come to terms with the fact i wont get one for xmas, but im thinking what else is there to get for over the holidays to play?? seems like a shit xmas for games unless you own a wii and zelda. :(

CUPC4KES posted on Dec 10 2006 at 10:11 AM said:
well im in uk anyhow, im tied wether or not to cancel my play.com preorder, ive come to terms with the fact i wont get one for xmas, but im thinking what else is there to get for over the holidays to play?? seems like a shit xmas for games unless you own a wii and zelda. :(

cheer up. There is a lot of good xmassy gaming.

xbox360 - Gears of war. My brother got this game about a week ago. Now I never see him on msn. A lot of people with xboxes will get this for xmas.

PC - So many good games for the PC recently. I'm currently addicted to Medieval Total War 2, Gothic 3, Flatout 2 (which is an xbox360 game aswell right) and dark masiah. So there is a lot of PC glory to be had. I'm sure some rich kids will be getting GF8800s for xmas.

PS2 - Final Fantasy XII.

PSP - Vice city

DS - ? Castlevania?

GP2X - Payback

And if you have a gamecube, lots of good games are selling cheap because of the mass exadus to Wii so there a lot of great games to get cheaply, even if you have a gamecube. (to later use on the Wii)

The Wii experiance is amazing, but honestly, there are only a few good titles. Wii Sport and Wii Play to try out the new tricks with the motion sensors. Zelda is fun, but a lot like the old zelda. People tell me that monkey ball is fun, but I'm not about to find out, cause I hate monkies. The rest of the games are terrible, and if you check out the reviews at ign for the last few weeks, they have all been below 50%.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Action Adventure 5.1 Nov 29, 2006
Rapala Tournament Fishing Hunting 3.0 Nov 29, 2006
Monster 4X4 World Circuit Racing 4.8 Nov 30, 2006
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Action RPG 6.5 Dec 1, 2006
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The Fighting 6.8 Dec 5, 2006
Need for Speed Carbon Racing 7.4 Dec 5, 2006

OK, not so bad. But still, only one game above 90% with 19 games available.

http://au.wii.ign.com/index/reviews.html?c...;sort.order=asc

So it seems like the Wii is going to be a dumping ground for bad games for a little while. A hardcore gamer would wait atleast six months for a few A-grade titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu posted on Dec 9 2006 at 06:05 PM said:
So it seems like the Wii is going to be a dumping ground for bad games for a little while. A hardcore gamer would wait atleast six months for a few A-grade titles.
Yeah, the DS didn't pick up until about 6-7 months in either. I want a Wii pretty bad but at the same time I just don't think it will be worth it just yet.

I have to keep telling myself that just to keep my willpower up.

Ravnos posted on Dec 10 2006 at 12:36 AM said:
Yeah, the DS didn't pick up until about 6-7 months in either. I want a Wii pretty bad but at the same time I just don't think it will be worth it just yet.

Zelda is probably the best game ever.

Ravnos posted on Dec 10 2006 at 06:36 AM said:

Erm, you DO know that there are some very promising games due early next year? Metroid, Wario Ware and Metalslug just to name a few...

It's keeping me happy right now!

Also Red Steel definately has it's flaws, but it isn't as bad as everyone was going on about. Poor yes, but nowhere near the terrible game I was anticipating. I am looking forward to future FPS games which will make better use of the Wiimote.

I got my Wii from Amazon yesterday delivered by ParcelFarce at about 6pm, got spare controllers and Wii play and Zelda first thing in the morning from woolworths.

I like my Wii it's great, it's better then I expected and the sensor works really well even when your standing at an angle to the TV.

So is Red Steel worth having now or is it better to wait for a sale or something :blink:

Seen an add for that Rayman game today normall I steer clear of em, but it looks interesting does anyone know if thats any good?.

Well I'm not plaining on getting anything right now (probably couldn't anyway) just wondering what out the launch line up other then Zelda is worth getting since we ain't getting Elebits until next year <_<

i got gears of war, quite short game thoughin one player but is brilliant on live, vice city on psp is also good, i been playing this at work on lunch times mostly, reall is a good game to just pick up for ten minutes cause the missions are quite short. i think over xmas i shall be getting castlevania:portrait of ruin, kirby squeak squad and final fantasy III, looks like 2nd xmas in a row DS is the machine that i'll be using the most. (unless i get a wii ;) ) thanks for the help.

Ryo posted on Dec 10 2006 at 09:48 AM said:
I'm going to buy the DS mostly for Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (I love Castlevania). Final Fantasy III seems awesome too!
FFIII is awesome. Also, try out elite beat agents at a demo station or something, its really fun.

rayman raving rabbits is a very great fun game, ive been playing it for hours and i like it, the multiplayer is also pretty good.

Fishbong posted on Dec 10 2006 at 01:34 AM said:
Ravnos posted on Dec 10 2006 at 06:36 AM said:

Erm, you DO know that there are some very promising games due early next year? Metroid, Wario Ware and Metalslug just to name a few...
*fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALALALALA

Metal slug was released.

# Chicken Little: Ace in Action
# Elebits
# Far Cry: Vengeance
# Super Swing Golf
# World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions
# Metal Slug Anthology

All released this week.

PSyMastR posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:57 AM said:
Metal slug was released.

# Chicken Little: Ace in Action
# Elebits
# Far Cry: Vengeance
# Super Swing Golf
# World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions
# Metal Slug Anthology

All released this week.

Far Cry: Vengeance has been delayed until next year. I also remember elebits being delayed. Don't really care about the other games. Wasn't wario smooth moves coming out this week?

EDIT: Sorry guys + girls. This is only in Australia. Nintendo are not producing the optical discs fast enough, so they are delaying a few titles to allow for enough copies of the released games.

Back