Just Bought Wiispeak!

GizmoTheGreen

Theres no Windows drivers, and no Linux drivers for it, but it's a very good mic!

Any chance somone could develop a driver for it?
and send it upstream to the linux kernel.

But hey, I have no friends to talk too, so give me your wii friend codes if you have a WiiSpeak!

If you're swedish, even better!

problem with that is the pandora already has a mic. so a bit of a wasted effort. something like a webcam would be a better use of developers time.
or even wiimote/ps3 controller/ and xbox controller. i know the first two already have drivers :)

my wii is boxed up i never play it. even softmodded it but still bored with it

Trevsweb said:
problem with that is the pandora already has a mic. so a bit of a wasted effort. something like a webcam would be a better use of developers time.
or even wiimote/ps3 controller/ and xbox controller. i know the first two already have drivers :)

my wii is boxed up i never play it. even softmodded it but still bored with it
Aww but it's a fun little console... maybe learn some software development with Devkitpro? :)

Regarding the wiispeak mic... I think all you can do is wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like Wiispeak is just a microphone, does it do anything else? It has a huge old box so it must do something. Someone enlighten those of us who don't know.

second exodous said:
It sounds like Wiispeak is just a microphone, does it do anything else? It has a huge old box so it must do something. Someone enlighten those of us who don't know.

It has really good noise cancelling functions, its also quitwe sensitive, speak in normal tone 3 meters away, it picks it up perfectly.
if the wii plays noise while you speak, say a game like animal crossing, it can cancel that sound out =)

Since you already own it for your Wii I would just go a Google search every once in a while:
Code:
Wiispeak Linux
You never know, I think your best bet is if there is a Wii Linux project then I'm sure someone will work on it. You would be surprised what things are ported to Linux. So just do that google search when you think about it, might take a year or so to get any kind of support though.

There is linux for the wii already, but afaik they havent looked into the wiispeak yet.
its the gclinux team that do the wiilinux.

I want a friend to talk too :(

GizmoTheGreen said:
There is linux for the wii already, but afaik they havent looked into the wiispeak yet.
its the gclinux team that do the wiilinux.
Yeah, I googled it and it looks pretty far along. I'm sure someone will start hacking for the Wiispeak soon.

Back