just an idea...

dapoangel

seeing that it is really hard (at least for me) to visualize all the production estimates, how about we have a calendar where we can see all updates and estimates so the community, especially us newbs (i still consider myself as a newb ^_^ ) can see clearly what is happening behind the scenes.

dont get me wrong... its not that i dont trust the OPT, which is doing a really GREAT job, but i personally think that it can be a lot easier for us especially the devs. :)

so waddya think guys? all comments and suggestions accepted! >.<

nobody in opt really has the time for all this, things change constantly and something like this has been tried before, and the guy that did it gave up like 2 weeks into it, best best if you dont want to read every thread in both forums is to check pandorapress.net for good news

there guys, how that for treating a newb?

Should take a tip from the World Cup and have a Squid or Manatee estimate when things will ship. I heard that Squid did a pretty good job.

The real problem is that we are relying on many small things not going wrong - at the moment, unless they decide to start shipping units with no nubs, there is a roadblock caused by the nub company not quite having thought through the product they offered to the team. It seems that after producing 8000 nubs, the supplier went back to R&D to design the product properly. It takes them a few days to turn round a prototype. At the moment, it is unknown when good nubs can make it via PCB assembly to Craig. A week after the prototype testing is a minimum.

At the moment, nothing is happening behind the scenes. Everything else is ready (at least to start shipping). As we've discovered with the 3rd parties, until the full process is complete, it is hard to judge when a part of the plan will finish. Once the nubs are done, maybe then it will be possible to come up with a timeline that includes batch 2.

yeah. so maybe we can have a "one-nub like" program. if there are boards that have the old nubs instead maybe they can sell them to people that want them. >.<

EDIT: this is just an idea so delivery and production can continue even with the nub problems. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back