Just A Thought

Given what we do know, I wouldn't expect much in the way of 3D hardware emulation. The GPX2 has no 3D acceleration, and CPU is not very fast. In fact, the specs seem very similar to the Zodiac in terms of power. I'm hoping it turns out to be significantly better than the Zodiac though, but going just by the numbers on their spec sheet... it's awfully similar. :unsure:

I've heard that like twice this week but looking up info on the ZOD all I find is that it has a single Motorola i.MX1 200mhz processor and an ATi 8mb graphics processor, Wouldnt the dual Arm processors I keep reading about on the GPX2 be a noticable degree better than that?

of course not for 3D games which the Z seemed to have a couple of but most people are looking at it to have better emulation of NeoGeo, MAME, 8 and 16 bit systems anyway.

gp32animefreak posted on Aug 5 2005 at 07:01 AM said:
I see, I thought Gpx2 has two 200mhz cpus, but zodiac has a ati chipwhich would probally make it better for psx. Neo Geo hmmm I'd take that over psx anyday.

The ATI chip in the Z is only 2D , basically a screen buffer, blitter, scaler. It would have no benefit for 3D system emulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back