Just A Quick Question!

fredster83

Still Fresh
I'm very interested in getting a GP2X but before I do, I just wanna be certain that when playing ROM's, that game status can be saved.

I am mainly interested in playing snes and gba ROM's, can my game status be saved and if so, how do I go about saving it?

Also, I know that if I go on to http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/SquidgeSNES I can see an emulator compatibility list, but is this up to date? are these the ONLY snes games that will work with that emulator? (or if anyone could tell me that both chrono trigger and secret of mana work really great, that'd help too!)

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Hi and welcome aboard.
Both SNES and GBA (PocketSNES and gpsp) Have both save game status (like files) and save states. On PocketSNES you enter menu, go to save states and save. On gpsp you simply go to the menu and click save state :) Couldn't be easier!

fredster83 said:
(or if anyone could tell me that both chrono trigger and secret of mana work really great, that'd help too!)

Thanks in advance for any answers!
I know that at least Chrono trigger works fine, I play it a lot. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks guys! I've now decided that I'm going to buy one, I just need to decide where to buy from. Right now I'm thinking about using Play-asia (unless anyone can recommend a better site) as they ship to the UK. Just wondering though; as the site is called Play-ASIA, my GP2X won't be in a foriegn language or anything will it?

...just English please.

fredster83 said:
Just wondering though; as the site is called Play-ASIA, my GP2X won't be in a foriegn language or anything will it?

...just English please.
No, I ordered my GP2X from them when they had the first 20% off and had no problems.
There are no differences between GP2X's distributed worldwide.
Well, the only foreign language on it is the Korean side of the quick manual (The other is English)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back