Another "save State" Problem

ak_

Still Fresh
Website
www.wopah.com
I've used the searched engine but didn't really find an answer.

Here's the problem : i started to play Secret of Mana on Squidgesnes as it seemed to be a great way to make time in the sub go quicker. The thing is, if i save state when i'm a the very beginning of the game, it works, but if i try to save after that (ie in the first village) it just resets the game without saving anything (it even erases previous saves in fact).

Does anyone already had a problem like that ? I think i read people saying they played SoM so maybe they can help.

Thanks a lot.

hmm, I used save states but I'm pretty sure my in-game saves worked as well. i'd try a different rom dump if you can. which version of squidesnes do you have?

Thanks for your answer. Actually, it seems like saving state is working now. I used to access the menu by pressing L + R + Start + Select and now i access it by holding Select. Seems to make a difference.

Thanks again and sorry for bothering.

odd...by coincidence, i actually haven't played secret of mana since the version of squidgesnes came out that added L+R+Start. I also don't use select any more. But I can confirm that I've been saving state in a couple of games without any trouble without needing to hold select. I'm on firmware 2.0.

edit: awesome site/portfolio.
edit2: secret of many haha

Squidge seems a bit dicey on save states, e.g. in Rock 'n Roll racing there is one screen where saving wont work (the main menu screen during a campaign). I remember save states not working properly in another game but can't remember which one.

Using select on secret of Mana probably stops puase or something else from happening allowing the save state.

rokdcasbah> oh i didn't see your answer. Well, L+R+Start works well with all my other games, but (appearently) not with SoM. So i use Select, i don't really like it but as long as it's working it's fine.

edit: awesome site/portfolio.

Hi, i'm just upping this to ask another savestate related question : is there any way i could load state from Squidgesnes with PocketSnes ? Would a converter be doable ?

I'm close to vomiting when i think about starting Secret of Mana from the beginning ...

Thanks.

Back