Jump'n'bump

Website
Visit site
I'am sure that many people will be happy to have Jum'n'bumb running on GP2X.

It should be easy to port, it's already SDL game.
Here is the site :
http://jumpbump.mine.nu/

Adding AI can be the funniest part of the port, but a "vanilla" flavor is fine :) just add 2 player on one gp2x :D

I don't know anything about coding, so if someone can do it for us,

Love you guys !

I had this running on the gp2x but didn't bother with it since it was a multiplayer game. so i removed it :/
and indeed u just need to compile it and it basicly runs not much work to it. Adding an AI is something i'm not able to do though.

What kind of key combinations did u have in mind ? i might have a look later at it again.

Currently fiddling with another game

update:
okay got it running again but i'm having problems with the makefile hehe will figure it out.

okay got it running, i quickly "hacked in" some controls and it works, i mapped them to joystick left/right/ volume min for player 1 and for player 2 i mapped them to A/B/SELECT

would this be ok for u ?

update:

it seems there is an AI included in the game, although i don't think he was ment to be used for single player and he gets stuck sometimes as well i'll see that i can make an option to include him or alternatively make 2 binaries one for single play and one for multiplay (2 people on one gp2x)

update 2:

Ai is included and i made it into a single player game :) u play against 3 other cpu players and the aim is to get to 50 "bumps" as fast as possible before the cpu players do. I can tell u this is damn hard !

also people should use gmenu2x'es browser option and select with filter dat. in the data directory. so you can select which level you want to play !!! and there are over 179 level packages for this game !

Wow awsome ! U're so fast !

I'm just back at home, I'll download and try it this evening ! (Can't wait...)
Controls looks fine for me.
Adding 4 pads support via BOB/Cradle and it'll be close to perfection :D

I love that bloody game, thanks Joyrider.

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Wow awsome ! U're so fast !

I'm just back at home, I'll download and try it this evening ! (Can't wait...)
Controls looks fine for me.
Adding 4 pads support via BOB/Cradle and it'll be close to perfection :D

I love that bloody game, thanks Joyrider.
i don't have the craddle / bob so i can't test it :( to see if it works or not.
also i didn't include the multiplayer version since i thought it would just not be enjoyable with 2 people on one gp2x if u really want it i'll make u a version where u can run it with 2 on one gp2x (would be a seperate binary)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back