Jump'n Bump Gp2x (port) Released

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Jump n bumpin Was orignally a multiplayer game, over time AI got added and a few ports have been made. This port is based on the port from Florian Schulze. I made this game into a single player game for the gp2x by doing some small modifactions and adding gp2x input handling. You play with one of the bunny's and the aim of the game is to "bump" the other bunnies, you do this by jumping on their head. You need to get 50 bumps as fast as possible, before the cpu players do. You can play customn levels and even make your own.

Here's a screenshot (of the orignal levelset) :
jumpnbump1.jpg

Download here
More screenshots and information here

This was a great game on the PC. I just tried this port now, and all the furious fun is still maintained. I had never played it with AI bunnies before (lucky for us 2xers they did that).
The bunnies are a little small on the GP2X screen, but that can't be helped.
Great idea and thanks a lot.

1 Thing though, volume control didn't seem to change the volume at all.

Playdough said:
1 Thing though, volume control didn't seem to change the volume at all.
yeah indeed i didn't add it in. The game uses some dynamic volume. It changes the volume when it fades out of screens and with the flies sounds. so to keep this dynamic volume changing i didn't make a fixed volume out of it. But i'll have a look at it again when i also look at that one remaining bug (the pallete problem on the menu)

also i have multiplayer support on the gp2x in it. (2 players on the same gp2x). but it just didn't feel right because i couldn't find a good joystick layout to do this. The way i have it now is that player 1 plays with joystick + volume down and player 2 with A&B and select does that seem good enough ? i just can't find another way to do this. Unless people will use the gp2x breakout bord. but since i don't have this myself i can not test it with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest said:
There was also a GP32 port, no?
Great to see this on the 2X, thanks!
yes there was but the gp32 port kept it to the original multiplayer game and used some RF radio signals or whatever it was called to play it in multiplayer with 2 gp32's at least i think it was played like this.

I should get myself a breakout bord then i could add normal multiplayer support since u can hook up multiple joypads to it.

Is it possible to add a pause feature (if there isn't already one that I have missed)?

just a note to everyone else. If using gmenu2x to select custom levels make sure you don't use the .gpe file as that is just a scrpt and not the executable. the file without any extension and named the same as the .gpe is the one you want to use. confused myself for a bit with that one.

anyway nice port and fun sadistic game. cute bunnies getting splattered. kind of like happy tree friends the game.

YAY! I enjoys Jump 'n Bump!!!
I was hoping for usb joy support for multiplayer mayhem, but this will work for now :)
Thanks again Joyrider!

Hooka said:
YAY! I enjoys Jump 'n Bump!!!
I was hoping for usb joy support for multiplayer mayhem, but this will work for now :)
i think if i compile an unmodified version u have multiplayer support on the breakout bord, but since i don't have the breakout bord / craddle and no money atm to buy one i can't be sure. eventually i'll get one though just don't know when :)

very nice port! i love the music and graphics in this game. the gameplay is a little tiring--i wasn't asleep long before anyone make fifty kills. the kills are so satisfying though, explosion!

joyrider said:
yeah indeed i didn't add it in. The game uses some dynamic volume. It changes the volume when it fades out of screens and with the flies sounds. so to keep this dynamic volume changing i didn't make a fixed volume out of it. But i'll have a look at it again when i also look at that one remaining bug (the pallete problem on the menu)

Yes, please, please please add it! The game is brilliant, but volume control is mandatory on any GP2X game. I guess you have volume control on your headphones, but think about people who don't!

And thanks again for porting this very fun game!

Hey guys guess what ?

I got a very generous donation of one of the members here and i'm able to buy a cradle now ! This means multiplayer support for jump'n bump soon :D

I'll also look into the volume thing. The pallete problem is still something that confuses me. but it's not that big of a problem but i will look into it as well some more :)

This game is fantastic! Thanks so much for porting it (so well!), it feels and looks like it was tailored for the GP2X :)

Five-star work!

hey guys,

now that i have my cradle and finally got both of my joysticks with the mp-8866 convertor working on the cradle, i played a bit with the source code and i have a multiplayer (Cradle) version running of the game :D

Now there isn't a release yet because there is no tv out support (yet) and there probably only be one if and only if i manage to get tv out incorporated into the game.

and thanks for the nice responses.

on a side note i'm also working on another game named Dynamate u probably know this one from the gp32 ;)

This is a very fun port, thanks! I'd like to second adding a volume control, though. I'm forced to use a jack from an old broken set of headphones as a makeshift volume limiter. Otherwise, the volume out of the GP2X speakers from this port annoys the heck outta me! :D

Back