Jtag Cable

fishybawb

Hired Geek
Website
Visit site
I posted on the boards a while back, asking if anyone had a JTAG cable to fix a GP32 bricked by a bad flash. I did get a PM from someone in the US (I forget who, but thanks anyway!), but being in the UK, that wouldn't be ideal.

I did have a friend who said he'd make me one, and 2 months after sending him all the required parts, he still hasn't "had time" (translation: he can't be bothered to help me out :D). So... Anyone want to help me fix a BLU? I can send the parts needed to someone better than me with a soldering iron, or if any UK based GP32ers have a ready made cable and would be willing to flash the unit for me, please let me know.

I'll pay for your time ;)

Thanks.

fishybawb posted on Dec 12 2005 at 08:45 PM said:
Thanks for the reply :)

Here's the diagram thingy:
http://www.cobbleware.com/gp32/gp32jtag.html

I've got all the parts, apart from possibly the PCB, or whatever it's called. I'm not sure what you're supposed to use for "home brew" electronics...

Well... the 'pcb' is actually stripboard, which is available to buy at Maplin, or any electronics store really. I can have a go at getting one made if you want, but the one thing I cant see on there is the size of the contacts on the plugs - that is the thing that would present difficulties. I'd also need all the parts from you (obviously!).

How does that sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Axeman posted on Dec 12 2005 at 10:46 PM said:
Well... the 'pcb' is actually stripboard, which is available to buy at Maplin, or any electronics store really. I can have a go at getting one made if you want, but the one thing I cant see on there is the size of the contacts on the plugs - that is the thing that would present difficulties. I'd also need all the parts from you (obviously!).

How does that sound?

Sounds good, and I really appreciate the offer :)

I'll check out Maplin for the stripboard, and get on to my mate for the parts. Mental note: never buy someone beer for payment in advance :angry: :D

Actually, I'll send him the URL to this thread to try to shame him into action, otherwise, I'll get back to you.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back