GP32 Java?

Septera

I am learning java at the moment so I just wonder if I can program for gp32 in Java?

technically not just C and C++... you COULD program in any language that compiles an executable... provided you wrote all your own libaries, and had a compiler for that language that compiled to the right ARM instructions :)

unfortunatly there are only headers for use with C/C++ so chances are nobody's going to really bother to program in pascal or anything else...

the reason java isn't supported on the GP32 is basically because it doesn't compile an executable but rather byte-code, which is in a simple way of explaining, is code that is in-between source code and executable...

therefore the only way you'll be able to program for the GP32 using java is if someone ports the java interpreter... or writes one... I belive there is actually one in progress... an extension of a GBA project or something? but at the moment doesnt have the graphics functions...

so personally I can't see much advantage of it over C++ in that aspect? :blink: but meh well

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I will start learning c instead cause I wanna program for gp32 :)

@Ernest: mostly it depends on the libraries and the software/hardware you need... in the case of the GP32 - it's very easy :)

@Septera: programming in C/C++ is currently better if you want to develop for the GP32, but loki666 is currently developing a port of the KVM java virtual machine, so maybe it is possible to write and run bigger java programs on the GP32 in the future. You can find more information about his port in the following thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...t=0&#entry72546

actually you can program right now in Java for the GP32
i'm trying to port a jvm for the gp32 kvm for gp32
only cldc is available now, but we plan to port midp 2.0 too
take a try

I wonder if it is possible to use program in C# cause I found a C# for dummies book under my bed :)

Back