Jack Audio / Realtime Patches

wirelessdreamer

Still Fresh
I have a sharp zaurus c3000 right now with a pxa270 in it. I really want a small portable device I can do low latency audio work with, does anyone here have any real experience using one of the dev units with realtime patches and jack based audio apps?

I'd really like to get at least ardour, hydrogen, and rosegarden working on it. feedback is welcome :)

As far as I know none of the current devs with MK0 boards are working on porting JACK. MWeston mentioned that their were good DACs picked out, but didn't give any info on the sound chip. Your best bet would be to keep a lookout for low-latency USB soundcards that have Linux drivers.

I have a good usb soundcard already I was planning on using. but my understanding was that the realtime patches and jack running without xruns wasn't working on arm. I was posting here mainly to find out if thats changed and I didn't hear word of it.

wirelessdreamer said:
I have a sharp zaurus c3000 right now with a pxa270 in it. I really want a small portable device I can do low latency audio work with, does anyone here have any real experience using one of the dev units with realtime patches and jack based audio apps?

I'd really like to get at least ardour, hydrogen, and rosegarden working on it. feedback is welcome :)
Sounds great that you thinking about to port music apps :)

LMMS would be great too

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very excited about the possiblity of getting realtime jack apps to run on Pandora. Right now I have lug around my laptop running Abelton Live with a usb midi interface, but it would be great to just use a Pandora with SD cards full of samples/synths and open source music software.
My Roland Edirol ua-4fx works well for audio in Linux, but I haven't tested the MIDI yet. I would love to help develop this, but my programming skills are still amateur. I could help with testing and such once I get my hands on one of those beautiful Pandora units. :D

Back