Ive Lost My Joystick Head :(

bernwa

Still Fresh
ok here goes, i went out on friday night to my local pub, with my gp2x in my pocket eager to show my friends my newfound love for my new purchase (they were all very impressed btw) and after and 30 odd games of pool, i decided to go for a kebab and head home.....

when i woke up, i pulled out my gp2x for a little blast before i went out, and realised something was distinctly missing......the joystick head :( i cant seem to find the spare that came with it, so now im buggered.....

i was considering trying to modify a playstation analogue stick to work with it, but now it seems i havnt got a choice, can anyone suggest anything to use instead? all comments gratefully recieved....

B)

bernwa posted on Sep 24 2006 at 10:52 AM said:
ok here goes, i went out on friday night to my local pub, with my gp2x in my pocket eager to show my friends my newfound love for my new purchase (they were all very impressed btw) and after and 30 odd games of pool, i decided to go for a kebab and head home.....

when i woke up, i pulled out my gp2x for a little blast before i went out, and realised something was distinctly missing......the joystick head :( i cant seem to find the spare that came with it, so now im buggered.....

i was considering trying to modify a playstation analogue stick to work with it, but now it seems i havnt got a choice, can anyone suggest anything to use instead? all comments gratefully recieved....

B)

I got a suggestion, buy a protective case :p thats what they were made for

Last edited by a moderator:
Cervante posted on Sep 24 2006 at 11:57 AM said:
bernwa posted on Sep 24 2006 at 10:52 AM said:

B)

I got a suggestion, buy a protective case :p thats what they were made for

Yeah, I suggest a nice, protective case for it as well. I used an old GBA case, works well for me.

I can't suggest anything for a temporary replacement of the joystick cap, since I haven't tried any of them. If you have $5 or so and two weeks of patience you can order the Mk2 cap off of Play-Asia as a replacement.

You can build a makeshift joystick by cutting off the tip of a Q-tip (about 1cm) and stick it on the mtal stick. Doesn´t look great but works and takes only 2 minutes.

Fishbong posted on Sep 24 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
You can build a makeshift joystick by cutting off the tip of a Q-tip (about 1cm) and stick it on the mtal stick. Doesn´t look great but works and takes only 2 minutes.

doesn't vektar come with a replacement cap?

Shikaku posted on Sep 24 2006 at 07:52 PM said:
JaqMs posted on Sep 24 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
Things like that shouldn't even happen in a handheld.

It can happen with the PSP too...

Same thing ALMOST happaned to me at train station. if you dont want that to happen again then some glue or blutack will do the trick. But making a customised one which fits my thumb would be good as well... coz the original one need a bit practising before you can play games with it.

Back