I've Got Sumthin To Say

Ah i never saw that review, i saw Craig's full page ad in retro gamer. That was enough for me, had to have one after that!

GeminiDomino posted on Feb 7 2006 at 03:20 AM said:
Polymira posted on Feb 7 2006 at 05:43 AM said:
I love how if i say a single bad thing about the gp2x, i get flamed ...

I didn't flame you.

QFE means "Quoted for Emphasis". Meaning I agree with your point.

Sorry, but it happens in other posts as well..

And:

"It is a buggy mess, yet still in better shape than the PSP...."

How? Not to be a PSP fanboy (as i am a fan of all 3 handhelds i have), the PSP's homebrew scene is more mature, as it's had more time... All the emulators I have (including SNES) are fullspeed on most games, and stable as a rock....

The GP2x will get there some time as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Polymira posted on Feb 7 2006 at 06:59 AM said:
"It is a buggy mess at yet still in better shape than the PSP...."

How? Not to be a PSP fanboy (as i am a fan of all 3 handhelds i have), the PSP's homebrew scene is more mature, as it's had more time... All the emulators I have (including SNES) are fullspeed on most games, and stable as a rock....

The biggest advantage the GP2X has over the PSP is that the GP2X doesn't have the parent company actively TRYING to kill the homebrew scene.

Granted, history has shown that it's an arms race that Sony is destined to lose, but that's not going to stop them from making things difficult with new firmwares closing the holes and such.

WOAH! man some people here are immature! dont say things like UR??!! urs some info on whut i fink -

Im glad there are scottish people buying a gp2x, i love scottish people!!

Some people here like to plan the future out for the 2x, just like a PSP fanboy does.

What upsets me most is that even thought this comunity is great, for me it hasnt got the same vibe as the gp32!

I think also a sticky should be made saying the actual mood of the community, because frankly i come on here to find out things, have a bit of a giggle and pass it on! but MAN, some people just either come here to flame, or just to say "nya nya i got a firmware update!".

It seems to be that if you filter out the bitter people in thie community then there are FAR more bitter people here than people who are just plain happy!
Fair enough, i have my gripes with the gp2x. But then again i do with my psp and my ds. When the psp first came out i was like "WOAH! There are NO games that i want for it yet!" and that was that.
The psp is going to get better because simply sony has so much money to make it better. Same as the ds, sales for the ds are amazing, and now that even more amazing games for the ds are coming out for it - but those consoles are from companies which have lots of money and a completely different goal. Heck, nintendo revolutionised portable gaming more than once, and thats quite a thing to achieve!

Sony have not revolutionised, to me they are the fast and the furious of the gaming world, and thats it. For me nintendo are the chevys of the car world ... but if gamepark was making cars??... i seriously wouldnt moan about a car that you wouldnt need to pay tax, petrol, insurance for which gets you from a to b!

psp, DS, 2x are all the same, yet each have different drives.

Sonys drive is money, make more money. They would not make a psp for the people, because if they did they would make it cheaper and better!!

Nintendo is struggling to be the top, and as such has to have limits to what it can do. Nintendo is very commercial, produces amazing products, but its all controlled to make money.

Gamepark holdings made a console to make a bit of cash for themselves... but generally they are making the unit for the people!

Money and marketing drives the ds and the psp. but its US which drive the 2x. If we are just moaning all the time about it with nothing positive to say about it, any noob who wants a 2x will come on here, find out about a firmware and what it is and just generally get put off by people saying "gp2x is crap, joystick is awful!!"

My advice is, if you are a true gamer, then you will understand what community means and you will provide nice information to support the unit to make it better. I feel that the nicer we are about it (not that you could do anything to the unit by just moaning at it) and the more we support it, the more people will be attracted to this and want to improve it.

Nobody wants to read a gp2x forum talking about sony takes away rights to play emulators on psp! I certainly dont! and i didnt buy my psp and gp2x to moan about that either. Its very simple, sony is sony! get with it!

Sorry to go on about this you guys, but seriously, its hard trying to read any topic on here without people slating the gp2x in some form or another. If you have a problem, discuss it constructively and ask for some advice, which is why i presume you would say such things in a forum like this.
If you have nothing constructive to say which is not good for this community (such as 2X SUCKS! i forsee its death! PSP doesnt have homebrew like 2x but no console is as awful as the 2x is!" for example, then get a gp2x shaped punch bag and beat it with the gp2x's stick. ;)

i fink dat da gpx2. ye i sayid X2! it is grieat unit. I am loking fwd 2 gting nw fw. i gt 1 gcse andat wuz 4 cookin!

wst side

GpDogg posted on Feb 7 2006 at 01:03 PM said:
I think that the GPX2, yes I said X2, is great unit. I am looking forward to getting new firmware. I got one GCSE and that was for cooking!

West Side.
Edited, just in case you can't make sense of it.

WOW! Nickspoon! you speaka my language!
Oops, did i say west side? i meant EAST side... now i got some serious turf to mark later on... dang. da cops almost got me last time! DUUUUDE! no worries tho, got ma 2x RESPEK!

fade posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
The Spider Mastermind posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:08 AM said:
Have we got 3 GP2X scotsmen? We should have a party!
(Ayrshire by the way)

Aye Spider, Inverclyde here. I've been on the forum for a while now, nice to know theres another few scots lads around, how'd you find out about the gp2x then? :)

Make that 4 Scots Lads, I'm in Dumfries & Galloway - been following the scene for about 2 years now.

Jet Set Willy posted on Feb 7 2006 at 01:27 PM said:
fade posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
The Spider Mastermind posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:08 AM said:
Have we got 3 GP2X scotsmen? We should have a party!
(Ayrshire by the way)

Aye Spider, Inverclyde here. I've been on the forum for a while now, nice to know theres another few scots lads around, how'd you find out about the gp2x then? :)

Make that 4 Scots Lads, I'm in Dumfries & Galloway - been following the scene for about 2 years now.

Woo! Im in Aberdeenshire!

ur......YAY!

i dont live in scotland, but i can smell scotland from here and boy does it smell GOOOOD! :)

Empyre posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
davey g posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:32 AM said:
Too bad it doesn't check punctuation. Glass houses and all that jazz.
I saw this before you edited it :blink: Glass houses indeed ;)
You know that all I did when I edited the post was add the "Glass houses and all that jazz." bit. It's exactly the same as it was before bar that. I don't make no spelling majiggers or none of them there grammar jobbies.

Edit: Giant quote spaces.

Are you suggesting that the forums could get more knacked!

EDIT: Stupid MISPLACED emphasis

Er... why is that an excuse?
There are plenty of younger members than you, take me for example, I'm 13, and I can type properly, or in your language, "cn spel r8 gud init bruvs av ya n ya mam n toast"

Back