Mk1 Screen Damaged ?

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
well i have a mk1 gp2x and i didn't use it for over a month or so. Now as i'm going on a roadtrip i got it back out to put some movies on it but i noticed something weird when i turned on my gp2x. the screen seems to have gotten an extra "border" around it. u can see it because the black is a bit darker on those places and it's always near the borders of the screen. like an extra rectangle of black. It's a bit hard to explain but if u look closely u can notice it. almost seems as if it's water damage or sumthing but my gp2x never touched any water, i always kept it in my room near my pc.

anyone else seeing this ? try looking on the black bootscreen u can see it there pretty well

Yeah, I get that. I read somewhere (wiki?) that it's due to overtightning of the screws holding the gp2x together, apparently if you slacken them a little it helps. I haven't because I'm lazy :)

Klepto posted on Jul 14 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
Yeah, I get that. I read somewhere (wiki?) that it's due to overtightning of the screws holding the gp2x together, apparently if you slacken them a little it helps. I haven't because I'm lazy :)

hmm the screws but wouldn't u see 4 rounds then around the corners ? i see a full rectangle around the screen and i see it when the gp2x isn't hot also when i first boot it up so i can't be that the screws are getting hot in just a few seconds can it

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a pad behind the screen, that is the impression you are seeing.
Loosen the screws slightly till it goes away.
Not all MK1s have the pad, later ones were simply 'glued' to the cpu.

mth411

Or, take the screws out completely, and remove one (or a couple) of the rectangular pads from behind the screen before putting them back.

Back