Err.. Is There A Way To Format To Fat32

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
ya i dont got a card reader and i dont really want to spend money on one... Its the same deal with the gp32, i didnt care how fast files were put on it heh.

anyway... could i use my rio mp3 player to format to my 256mb PNY sd card? (its a verified to work one)

im also getting a 1gb one .. but for now the PNY 256 will do heh.

Thanks, if u can help plz post.

Drak.

Or if u really want to could u sell/give me a cheap sd pendrive, or a cheap/free card reader :p
*I can Pay Via Paypal.

Well, i used the my digital camera for mine. I set the camera (its own config menu) to show up as Disk Drive instead of Digital Camera. Then plug it in, linux sees it as any other usb storage device, so I just format /dev/sda1 (the SD card) with 'mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sda1'.

/dev/sda did not open with cfdisk to create the partitions, so i opened /dev/sda1 with cfdisk and created partition there, then formatted /dev/sda1 with the command i just told you, I doubt this made any difference, but I am just giving you details.

You can try formatting with the mp3 player or camera first if it has that function, then formatting with the command I just told you, or under Windows(right click drive and format, duh!) if it shows up.

I am really sleepy right now, sorry if this doesn't make sense....

Well, i used the my digital camera for mine. I set the camera (its own config menu) to show up as Disk Drive instead of Digital Camera. Then plug it in, linux sees it as any other usb storage device, so I just format /dev/sda1 (the SD card) with 'mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sda1'.

/dev/sda did not open with cfdisk to create the partitions, so i opened /dev/sda1 with cfdisk and created partition there, then formatted /dev/sda1 with the command i just told you, I doubt this made any difference, but I am just giving you details.

You can try formatting with the mp3 player or camera first if it has that function, then formatting with the command I just told you, or under Windows(right click drive and format, duh!) if it shows up.

I am really sleepy right now, sorry if this doesn't make sense....

Trying now :p

Last edited by a moderator:
wow ... word it says its FAT32 already sweet.. lol i guess ill see how it goes once i get my 2x.

Do I need to make any directories? or is it fine the way it is with only 1 directory called music?

Back