It's the LCD - again.

dmarschal

Website
www.marschalgrips.com
Hello,

I have a problem with my LCD-cable-replaced Rebirth unit. Please see the attached video. It does this trick if I open the lid more than 90 degrees.

I tried reseating the cable on the PCB. Shall I try massaging the other end?

The video was uploaded in a .zip file. (The board does not let me upload any kind of video.)

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

lcd.zip

Attachments

• lcd.zip
    963.5 KB · Views: 152
Welcome to the "Doomed 90 degrees" Club  -_-   (... :mellow:  ...this club should have the name changed...)

Contact EvilDragon for this.

Seems like too many LCD cable broke in the SAME way... there must be something that pull too hard the cable when the Pandora is full opened, or maybe there's the need of more flexible cables...

Last edited by a moderator:
I already analyzed two years ago what happened there and the cables had been changed due to that, so it shouldn't happen with recent cables (except for the one bad batch we had)

When were the new batch of dodge LCD cables being used? Mine's gone funny :(

(I could have damaged it while I was fixing the wifi antenna - need to buy some spares either way)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a spare LCD cable on Monday, past week. Should be here any time.

I examined the broken cable and found out that the case is grinding the cable loop every time I open the lid.

I ordered a spare LCD cable on Monday, past week. Should be here any time.

I examined the broken cable and found out that the case is grinding the cable loop every time I open the lid.
Yep, that were a couple of units where GC didn't check for that properly.

Already told them that and they optimized that process.

(I could have damaged it while I was fixing the wifi antenna - need to buy some spares either way)
Between April 2012 and November 2012, I believe.

Though I'm not sure it's only the cable, might've also been improper assembly (it's not easy to assemble it properly so that the cable won't be grinded).

Might've happened with yours as well, when you reassembled your unit.

Between April 2012 and November 2012, I believe.

Though I'm not sure it's only the cable, might've also been improper assembly (it's not easy to assemble it properly so that the cable won't be grinded).

Might've happened with yours as well, when you reassembled your unit.
Mine is a summer 2012 unit, so I probably got a combination of bad cable and insatiable geeky curiosity. Might wait until the new carry-cases are out before buying a replacement(s)

I just finished replacing the LCD cable. My RB Pandora is back to life (((-:

I modded the LCD cable before installing it. Making the loop was tad harder but I hope it won't break again.

Thank you ED!

IMG_1881-lcd-cable-mod.jpg

Interesting, thanks for the picture.

So this is the color of the newer cables ? Mine is different, but I was thinking to have been in that batch

Think it's getting time to replace mine too. The screen gets "jittery" and I have to move the lid to stabilize it. My charging port broke and took out an SMD resistor with it also (can still charge via USB), so think I need to finally get around to upgrading my OGOP anyway.

Back