ITS EVERYONES FAVOURITE THREAD

I have several computers, but they all use the default background or a straight black background. The black background will give a second or so faster load time and make programs exit out of full screen a few seconds quicker, so why not? All of my computers are about functionality, not stye.

I guess that makes me a pretty dull person, eh? :p

And while we are examining my dullness, I hate watching sports, and I nearly no musical preferences nor do I listen to any music on a regular basis. I also watch about 2 hours of TV a week and read the newspaper nearly every day. Oh, and I also eat a lot of fiber.

Anyone like?
DT2.jpg

I was doing that as you were typing, I noticed it looked shite in there.

Why the fuck are all the devian art artists so "I want to slit my wrist's", fucking retards.

EDIT: How do I make a .ico?

finty101 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 03:02 PM said:
Why the ---- are all the devian art artists so "I want to slit my wrist's", ------- retards.

EDIT: How do I make a .ico?
I'm depressed...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get rid of that in an advanced visual performance box (or something). I did, but I can't for the life of me find it now???

[edit]
Ah! It's in system properties / Advanced / Performance - settings / visual effects.

just check 'custom' then uncheck 'use drop shadows'

Here's my desktop machine:

dual screen setup:

left = SGI 21" Monitor running on a 8Mb Matrox Millenium 2 @ 1280x1024
right = 17" trinitron CTX monitor on a FX5600 @ 1024x768

desk.jpg

The screen res are different, but it doesn't matter as the SGI monitor is that much bigger. It's really useful have a browser maximised on one screen and still being able to work on documents, have terminals open, etc, on the other monitor. The Matrox is just about fast enough to watch videos full screen on that monitor, too :)

I generally do all my editing, working on Quark Express on the left monitor and image editing (with the faster gfx card) with GIMP on the right monitor when I'm working on my books (got a line of wargaming books coming out ;-)

Back