ITS EVERYONES FAVOURITE THREAD

divadsci posted on Mar 29 2004 at 01:29 PM said:
which one of these images do you think would be best for my background. i would prefer the larger images if you can :)
PHOTOSHOP FILTER ABUSE!

If you need a killer background go to DeviantArt, click browse, wallpapers, select order by favorites and then update. There are a ton of incredible pieces of art there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic Knight posted on Mar 29 2004 at 05:41 PM said:
an absolute shite thread

congrats cheeseman on the most gay topic i've seen here so far

getting a hardon over a desktop is a tad sad lads....
your an asshole.

Rico posted on Mar 29 2004 at 05:11 PM said:
The good points are custom nick renaming, and multiple clients. To make it worth your while I suggest the nConvers plugin and SmileyAdd, then you get emoticons, message history, auto 'last 10 messages' and autologging. Still better is Trillian: although commercial, it's a lot more responsive than Miranda and has a few more features like buddy icons and proper handling of group conversations.
thanks for the tip, I'd not tried any plugins...

as for your bb4win / linux debate, I use xp as my main system simply for directx games compatibility. I tried real hard to get into Debian linux but the commercial software I like just doesn't work, so may as well make xp as slender as possible

EDIT: when I say "doesn't work" I mean "isn't available" !

frolik: I totally agree and often find myself using XP more because I play a lot of games / need Trillian. Linux still rocks though.

Rico posted on Apr 18 2004 at 02:57 PM said:
frolik: I totally agree and often find myself using XP more because I play a lot of games / need Trillian. Linux still rocks though.
I've settled now on using trillian, miranda was nice and I love supporting the sourceforge projects but once I got it installed I can see it being a clear winner

not used debian for a while now - will go back to it at some point, but I just can't stop playing UT2004 and Far Cry.......

I have to agree with you Rico and Frolik.

I recently set up a Linux/XP dual boot system, but find myself using Windows more for Far Cry and an MSN client with audio support.

Pity as I really like Linux.

i REALLY want to learn how to use linux...i have (in recent years) decided that windows SUX a lot...its ok for games, but i want to learn how to use linux as well as i can use windows...and its not like i have anyone to teach me, living in stoopid nebraska and whatnot <_< my uncle could teach me, but he lives in texas and i rarely see him...plus he switched back to windows :unsure:

Here's my new desktop (I'm trying to get an OS X theme, but I'm having some trouble.

desktopnew.jpg

Here is my desktop (there are multiple pictures as the dock and taskbar are set to auto-hide so only appeared when i put my mouse over them). :D
*Sorry about the awful compression as well*

Desktop1.jpg

Desktop2.jpg

Desktop3.jpg

*exceeded my "Daily Usage Limit"*

Back