It's A Great Time To Be Back!

DavidBeoulve

GP2X by EvilDragon OC's to 280-300MHz
Website
www.gamersgonebad.com
It's a great time to come back to the GP2X scene.

Apparently GBA emulation is not only possible, but really happening. When my GP2X joystick broke, folks still thought this was an impossible dream.

CPS2 emulation is apparently gotten so good you can run some games at 200MHz. I can't wait to try out Magic Sword again, heck, maybe Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom or Shadows of Mystaria will work. OMG, the link has the D&D title screen on it (jizzes self & feints).

There's this cool cradle which apparently can be had for less moola from Nubie's link; I'm guessing there's something in North America that does that too.

There's wireless Internet access, which is something I wanted since before I bought my GP2X. Who's going to arrest you for piggy-backing carrying that around?

EvilDragon is busy. Good to know.

Folks are making an open source Firmware for the GP2X! This could really help the device as it ages if it enables us to do more with our GP2X.

Maybe if I make a GP2X game I'll become famous enough for Hooka to interview me. *dreams*

There's a lot of homebrew to catch up on - and honestly, since I have an NDS and a G6 Lite, that's high on my list of priorities.

I can finally buy Payback. My joystick broke while I was playing the demo. It was xnopasaranx's wondering about me and Sam Fisher and PokeParadox getting back in contact with me that got me to reiterate my problem, which Grahf saw and PMed me offering to help.

If xnopasaranx hadn't written nicely about me, Pokeparadox never would have pointed me to the thread, and Grahf would never have seen my issue, and my GP2X would still be sitting next to my wife's MP3 player (when she's not using it). Thank you guys.

It's great to see Squidge is still here, Telcolou - I hear Epicenter left on bad terms and I'm saddened for that but such is the nature of humanity and the hardships of the world.

I've been having great fun in life - my kids are fantastically well behaved - my 10yo daughter cooks food, as in dinners. My 7yo daughter cooks scrambled eggs without making them too dry or soggy. My 2yo son scribbles on the wall in red permanent marker. Hey wait that's not good... oh he protects his sisters if I'm chastizing them. And my lovely Latina is STILL fun to chase around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks PokeParadox :)

lubidog said:
Off topic, but David-was that your review of Etrian Odyssey I just read on gamespot? About to play it for the first time due to your excellent review...(if it was you!)

Wow, uh yes it was me. I'm remarkably easy to track on teh interwebs, because I always use the same moniker. It's actually quite frightening. Just take out the space. Notably, I got banned from HardOCP because I posted a warning about three computer manufacturers who had terrible reviews yet folks threw them around as recommendations - not realizing one of them was a sponsor of HardOCP. I no longer respect them, their core is not hard, it's sold. Uhh I'm on dualscene.net, neverwinterconnections.com, googleearth, myfishtank.net (no longer have those fish, geez), Kotaku, Total Annihilation Universe... geez ha ha ha...

Okay, this one made me laugh: "Duh, how do I ally? - A Forum Post by DavidBeoulve"

Yep. I'm all over the place.

As for Etrian Odyssey, you must remember that that game tickles not only my nostalgia, but my artistic sense and most importantly, my need of freedom and sense of imagination. The class structure is well defined and appears balanced, though I have yet to beat Etrian Odyssey. The free-formedness is something I greatly enjoy, as most RPGs are myred down in stories I've read so many times before they bore me, or they're just dumb.

Well, see an early blog post I made before that review.

Nice blog.

But this game just looks great! Really, I have playd more great games recently on the DS than on any modern platform for ages (!?!) This year alone there has been the second Pheonix Wright game, Puzzle Quest, Hotel 215, Picross and now this. Plus a cople more I can't remember!

And welcome back. You were missed and mentioned!

And have you noticed the number of avatars based on a certain GP2X Advocate's avatar popping up?

i thought it's a new club or something

OmarNawaz said:
And have you noticed the number of avatars based on a certain GP2X Advocate's avatar popping up?

i thought it's a new cult or something
:p

TelcoLou said:
"Duh, how do I ally?" Are folks copying Telco's avatar? *makes a rubber band sound while standing still and looking blankly*

Oh, and Telcolou, I love The Crucible! Actually it really is good - both the color bricks and the design. It would have been easy to put together something... not awesome. And your wife is definitely a keeper.

Maria Alejandra's mom likes to say "There are two ways to a man's heart, and the second is through food!"

GP2X:
Okay, mayhaps it's bad to do this much reading before I have it back *chuckles*

David Beoulve said:
Uhh I'm on... Total Annihilation Universe... geez ha ha ha...
Yay, another TA fan...

Played Supreme Commander yet?

On-topic, welcome back!

TelcoLou said:
t's nice to see another happily married dude on this forum :D )
There's more of us than you think TelcoLou :) Be 5 years in Nov :)

Hee, what a nice thread to wake up to. ^^; Thank you, David. And welcome back.

Um...sorry, you don't know me or anything. I just lurk here a lot. But this thread made me smile, so I thought I'd say thank you anyway.

BenScar said:
David Beoulve said:
Yay, another TA fan...

On-topic, welcome back!

TelcoLou said:
I'll feel a new topic coming on (15 years) :)

Parkydr said:
BenScar said:
David Beoulve said:
Yay, another TA fan...

On-topic, welcome back!

TelcoLou said:
I'll feel a new topic coming on (15 years) :)

8 years soon!... if I don't forget :huh:

:D

bacteria said:
If you want full speed GBA, the alternative, rather than emulation, is to make a BigBoy Advance - see my sig - just finished it - nice 5" screen!!
...OR buy a DS lite with flush GBA flashcart OR a real GBA with flashcart... <_<

BenScar said:
David Beoulve said:
Yay, another TA fan...

Haha, me too .... I even made some shockingly bad 3rd party units back in the day. (but I think I can forgive myself, as I would've been like 10 at the time) Hell, this just motivated me to check, and the page still exists. The spelling and grammar makes my eyes hurt. http://www.angelfire.com/clone/samnicholls/TA.html 3 of the downloads still work!
I recall I started work on another plane that was actually looking quite nice, but I don't think I ever finished it or uploaded it any place (I couldn't get it to animate like I wanted so gave up)... Maybe I should try again sometime, now that I'm no longer an idiot.... Hurrah for TA. :)

My hardware sux too much for sup-com though :(

David Beoulve said:
I hear Epicenter left on bad terms and I'm saddened for that but such is the nature of humanity and the hardships of the world.
well thats what happens when you dont invest in the community and your nothing but a paid mouthpiece/PR unit for said unnamed company :)

anyway, nice to see you back with a working stick!

my wife has been monopolising the gp2x to play cloud master to death.

id rather she play cloudmaster than beat on me (she's 2 weeks from giving birth).. i think it best she abuse the gp2x with her preggy hormones than me ;) plus it means if it breaks she'll feel bad and we'll buy another gp2x!

Telcolou: The great thing about having four kids with a wife who breast feeds and wears steel bras to keep in shape? BEWBS!

YakumoFuji: Cloud Master?

reaper79, Parkydr: Congrats!

BenScar: Hey there! And yes I have Supreme Commander. I can't run the latest patch for some reason, supposedly it smooths things up.

Alys: Hey, glad to meet ya and make your day better.

Headed to the doctor's so I can't type more :D

Miika said:
...OR buy a DS lite with flush GBA flashcart OR a real GBA with flashcart... <_<
Did you even look at the link? It is a real GBA.

Back