iso->rom

I was wundering the same thing but with Dragon Ball Z - Idainaru Son Gokou Densetsu.

is it possible to play on a GP32????

A couple of years ago, I tried the opposite (wanted to put a couple of translated roms onto a CD so I could play them on the real system). So... I grabbed some cokes, sat down, and examined the Bonk's Aventure rom vs the bonk's adventure ISO from the GOT3-in-1 CD through a hex editor. Right from the get go, the PC-CD format is different. The code is 100% different between the two. In fact, I saw no parallels in the least.

My guess is that the PC Engine CD method of reading data is vastly different from the standard hu-card method because it reads from the EXT port rather than the normal hu-slot. In any case, I concluded that a pce->CD translation would be impossible without major, major work being done. True, anything is possible with a certain ammount of work, but this would be massive ammounts of work.

The good news is that Hu-Go came out with a format years ago which mimcs roms. It reads the ISO and uses mp3s as the music. Perhaps GP Engine will include this some day.

Back