isharegifts : my advice DON'T buy there!

b_o_b

Advanced Member
I'd like to warn you all not to buy from http://www.isharegifts.com. Never faced so much lies, false promises and amateurism ever...

Let me tell you what happened:

Dec 27th 2011 ordered and paid a JXDS7100

On their site they said it had a capacitive screen.

Dec 29th 2011 I received a mail and they liked to know what color I would like to have (probably their first attempt to stall my delivery)

Dec 30th 2011 They sent a mail and told me they would ship the JXDS7100 that day

Jan 1st 2012 They updated their site, added a resistive screen and gave the option to buy a resistive for 25$ more. I then sent them a mail asking them to confirm they would send me a capacitive version and I also told them I thought is was strange they asked 25$ more for a resistive screen.

Jan 1st 2012 A reply from isharegifts. They told me I ordered a resistive version but I could update to a capacitive version if I paid 25$ more and they would send the tablet that day.

Jan 1st 2012 I paid 25$ and sent them a mail

Jan 3rd 2012 They came back to me saying they received the money and they would send the device via hongkong air mail Jan 4th. They also updated their site, showing a capacitive screen costed an additional 25$

Jan 4th 2012 I wondered why I didn't see that the device was sent yet on their site and sent a mail to isharegifts. They replied they sent it and gave me a tracking number. (on their site the status was still processing)

Jan 11th 2012 Again I sent a mail and asking them why I couldn't see my order on the hongkong air mail site yet. http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

Jan 11th 2012 They replied it could take longer due to the Chinese new year.

Jan 18th 2012 Again I requested an update and told them it was taking very long for an order to even show on the hongkong airmail site and asked them if it was normal that it took this long during Chinese new year.

Jan 19th 2012 I received a mail from them telling me it was very normal it took this long and I needed to wait for 2 more weeks (I would receive it soon)

Jan 19th 2012 I replied I would wait for another 2 weeks.

Feb 4th 2012 I sent them a less friendly mail urging them to make inquiries where my order was.

Feb 6th 2012 I created a paypal complaint and gave them an option to give me proof they have sent the order or return money.

Feb 6th 2012 Very shortly after the paypal complaint I received an email and they offered me to resend the tablet. I only needed to send them my shipping address.

Feb 6th 2012 I asked them what they meant with 'resend' and asked them if they have sent it or not.. If not, I urged them to refund the money.

Feb 6th 2012 A couple of minutes later they refunded the money.

My conclusion is that they didn't have any stock and tried to stall as long as possible until they would receive a new delivery from JXD. Gave me a false tracking number and just hoped I would wait this long and wouldnt ask for a refund.

Not sure if this is the case, but whatever is the reason I don't trust them. So basically my advise is not to buy there if there are alternatives even if that costs a bit more.

They look dodgy as hell, and they respond to emails in Engrish. That's usually enough to put me off.

I tend only to order from importers who have already done the job of getting it through customs ( which can be another minefield with things like this )

yes, I ordered from them once, paid extra for tracking, item was instantly marked as "shipped" after the payment cleared... looked suspicious...

asked them for my tracking number, they came back and told me that once it shipped I'd get the tracking number.... i quoted my order status, they double talked and said something about CNY, and a couple days later got my tracking number that didn't work on any HK tracking systems

it did eventually after a week or two show up under my country's tracking system and I was then able to see it leave HK and enter my country and then followed it to my house....

I do think it's an honest company... they do deliver, but for a resales company they have pretty crappy customer service

I'll be sticking with my tried and true DX.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think it's an honest company... they do deliver, but for a resales company they have pretty crappy customer service

Well.. I don't consider saying to a customer they delivered and more than a month later it appears they haven't sent anything to be honest. I don't say they never deliver, but they use the mushroom method if there are issues. IMO that is dishonest behaviour.

I can accept human errors, as long as the company is open and frank.

This is Allen from isharegifts. We apologize for this. In fact, we had email customers who buy JXD S7100 in capactive version that we did not have them in stock before Chinese new year. This is because JXD did not have enough original materials to make out the consoles. JXD S7100 capactive version is a very good product. It is sold very hot after released. But JXD did not have enough stocks for it. At that time, it is coming near to Chinese new year( yes, it is from 23th, Jan to 30th, Jan). Factories in China at that time will clear up their stock at the end of each year. The first round amount of S7100 is less. That is the reason why we delay some orders.

We kept writing email to our customers for this issue. They can chose to wait or we can cancel their order and refund. For compensation, we will send people one pouch bag of JXD if they did buy S7100 from us. It is a free small gift. We are very sincerely to hear you any suggestion. Just email us if you have any question on isharegifts and we will reply your email as soon as we can.

This is Allen from isharegifts. We apologize for this. In fact, we had email customers who buy JXD S7100 in capactive version that we did not have them in stock before Chinese new year. This is because JXD did not have enough original materials to make out the consoles. JXD S7100 capactive version is a very good product. It is sold very hot after released. But JXD did not have enough stocks for it. At that time, it is coming near to Chinese new year( yes, it is from 23th, Jan to 30th, Jan). Factories in China at that time will clear up their stock at the end of each year. The first round amount of S7100 is less. That is the reason why we delay some orders.

We kept writing email to our customers for this issue. They can chose to wait or we can cancel their order and refund. For compensation, we will send people one pouch bag of JXD if they did buy S7100 from us. It is a free small gift. We are very sincerely to hear you any suggestion. Just email us if you have any question on isharegifts and we will reply your email as soon as we can.

Pretty decent of them to turn up here and explain. They're obviously not that dodgy.

Or maybe they are really good at covering it up :ph34r:

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Allen. I don't think giving me a tracking number and saying 3 times you have sent or would have sent the tablet, while you clearly didn't have any stock, is good customer service and honest. Basically you are acknowledging all my previous assumptions. You have lost me as a customer for ever, but my advise for you and all other (not only Chinese) companies is to be honest and just tell people what they can expect. Even if that is not good news and they might go to another seller.

Read some of the posts from Evil Dragon here and you can see that giving bad news and telling people about delays don't necessarily mean people will not buy from you.

Basically what you are telling here you should have said to me dec 29th 2011.

Back