Is There A New Pandora

R

RedBaron

I have seen something like a Pandora
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23270&d=1258253706

I hope you know thats just a cruddy photoshop.......
EDIT: I can tell from the pixuls, and from having seen a lot of shops in my time

RedBaron said:
I have seen something like a Pandora
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23270&d=1258253706
Wat? You can obviously see that:
1. The PS buttons have been added after the photo was taken, judging by the horrible JPEG compression that somehow doesn't affect the contrast-rich buttons.
2. The picture on the screen has been added using freaking Paint. It's square and not at the right angles at all, and the image is far too crisp in comparison to the rest of the image (the guy who took the picture has shaky hands)
3. Judging by the "Intel inside" logo, this thing is much larger than a Pandora. I can't actually tell which brand of MID it is since the logo is too freaking compressed.

All of this, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited by a moderator:
El Jefe said:
I hope you know thats just a cruddy photoshop.......
EDIT: I can tell from the pixuls, and from having seen a lot of shops in my time
Are you sure, it looks pretty real to me

It's an original style Asus Eee PC. You can make out the logo pretty well. What a terrible shop though. How hard would it have been to have had the thing display the game itself? The guy who shopped it probably didn't even take the original picture..

Hmm... upon closer inspection, I do believe that could be the new EeePandora that's been floating around the back alleys of the Internet? I've heard about it, but never seen one till now. I dunno, it looks pretty big compared to the original Pandora.

If it is a fake I wonder how hard would it be to actually do it?

yeah, just a smaller screen, no SD card slots, no tv out, no keyboard, no removable battery, no stylus, no stereo speakers, and a closed OS, apart from that it`s IDENTICAL! gosh!!!

sigh! :rolleyes:

hobbyman II said:
yeah, just a smaller screen, no SD card slots, no physical keyboard, no user removable battery, no stylus, no stereo speakers, and a closed OS, apart from that it`s IDENTICAL! gosh!!!

sigh! :rolleyes:
Fixeded :)

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/FSPUP59Qnvc

I like to consider the iPhone + iControlPad as the Pandora Lite. Seeing there are many hardware similarities, including in CPU, and seeing this PSX emu in action, I'm more confident that we'll have a smooth-playing PSX emulator on Pandora very near release.

Edit: Come to think of it, I wonder if zodttd's emulator was playing with sound and just didn't happen to record it... Absence of sound makes a big difference on some emulators.

sverm said:
http://www.youtube.c...u/0/FSPUP59Qnvc

I like to consider the iPhone + iControlPad as the Pandora Lite. Seeing there are many hardware similarities, including in CPU, and seeing this PSX emu in action, I'm more confident that we'll have a smooth-playing PSX emulator on Pandora very near release.

Edit: Come to think of it, I wonder if zodttd's emulator was playing with sound and just didn't happen to record it... Absence of sound makes a big difference on some emulators.
Hopefully they can produce the Icontrolpad soon cause I'm probaly going to get an ipod touch for Christmas just incase the Pandora don't come. Apparently Zodttd is making a N64 emulator for the newer ipods. I like the idea of a Pandora lite, as long as the Pandora still has many advantages.

The emulator zodttd is making is actually a port of ari64s mupen64plus project which is made for most ARM plattforms, I guess Pandora has priority and the iphone version will probably updater slower unless zodttd is going to optimize it on his own - which I doubt as its not an easy task and ari64 probably knows more about his own code than zodttd.
Its also unlikely that the icontrolpad will ship before the Pandora because its made by the same persons and the Pandora had always priority.

That must be the most half assed attempt i have ever seen at photoshopping. My 7 year old nephew even found it shoddy and promised he could do a better job.

The scary thing though is anybody who actually thought it may be a prototype design by ASUS :blink:

RedBaron said:
But I wish some one would acutely do it, I think it would be cool

Seriously? How would you actually use those game controls?

Back