Is Running A Game Already Ported To Gp2x On A Pc Possible?

Simplex

Still Fresh
Suppose I have a MS-DOS game ported to a GP2X console and I would like to run it on my PC (Linux or Windows) - is it at all possible?

Simplex posted on Mar 6 2007 at 12:12 AM said:
Suppose I have a MS-DOS game ported to a GP2X console and I would like to run it on my PC (Linux or Windows) - is it at all possible?

Get the original MSDOS game and DOSBox for windows.

If you are wanting to run the GPE file under windows, it's not possible at the moment.

-Kensupen

Last edited by a moderator:
Kensupen posted on Mar 6 2007 at 10:00 AM said:
Simplex posted on Mar 6 2007 at 12:12 AM said:
Get the original MSDOS game and DOSBox for windows.
I agree that this is optimal course of action, but supposing I do not have access to that game at the moment....

If you are wanting to run the GPE file under windows, it's not possible at the moment.
.... would it theoretically be possible to run it under linux?

Last edited by a moderator:
Short answer: No, the gp2x uses a different processor to your pc.

Long answer: You can run some gpes under linux on a system with an arm9 processor, but most will also need that arm9 to be part of an mmsp2 chip, which kind of limits you to a gp2x at the moment ;)

How is it an MSDOS game has been ported to the GP2X, but is not available for the PC? It seems to imply that the source code is available.

Which game are you talking about?

Thanks to parkdyr of helping me out. It was a game that can 'natively' run with Windows version of ScummVM so that did the trick :)

Back