Is It Possible To Buy

A

Aaaaaaaa

A cable which have 2 3.5mm stereo jacks on one end and a 3.5mm socket on the other side; i.e, 1 female to two male.

I want to be able to play my radio and my computer's sounds off the same set of speakers.

Any idea where I can buy one from?

I think I remember somebody asking about something like this many years ago on a forum I used to go on. I believe the general consensus was that it would be a bad idea to have multiple audio outputs going into a single input through a standard cable due to voltage variance n stuff, that could possibly cause damage to either the output devices or the receiver. A few people posted very basic circuit designs for circuits they had made to remove the risk.

Of course it's not guaranteed to cause problems, but it is a slight risk. I'd personally take the risk and do it anyway, but that's just me :p

TelcoLou said:
Deleted User said:
yeah man. looked through. No joy.
... re-read my last post ;)

That's an RCA again, he wants 3.5mm female -> 2 x 3.5mm male :p

I'm not sure such a cable exists, but you can probably botch one together using several adapters:

1 x male to female, connected to
female -> 2 x female splitter, like this one:
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchd...?productID=4197
then two male -> male extension cables hooked up to each of them

There must be an easier way :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i was thkking i might have to resort to that.

But if both outputs are not going at the same time it should be OK?

like you could have a switch that could select between either output?

I se those cables all the time, both in car boot sales (or whatever you guys call it) and in actual stores. Have even been to a store before you asked?

By the way, I have two cables of the kind you want and I have never had any problems with them. I don't think anything too bad can happen as long as you only use one device at a time.

hmmm
would a male to male converter
from the headphone jack of the radio to the line in on my computer achieve the same effect?

You might get problems doing this without a switch on each audio line. I have my 360 and Logic3 VGA box hooked up to my PC speakers via a y cable and when I have both on at the same time I get no sound out of them untill I turn one of them off which isnt a problem for me as I only have one on at a time.

Back