Is Drmdx Using The Second Processor?

Leshrac

Still Fresh
Yesterday I ran DrMDx 4.3 after overclocking the main processor and noticed that there was no sound. The app I used to overclock turns off the second processor, so I concluded that the emulator must be using the second processor for the sound.

I found no reference to it in the readme, so I am asking here. Congratulations on the first emulator to use the second processor for something if true!

Jarska333 posted on Dec 29 2005 at 03:49 PM said:
Should think not, I understand it's pretty straight-forward port of the GP32 version.

Maybe adjust the volume? :p

One arm at 133mhz, btw.
Nope, adjusting the volume won't work, the sound simply doesn't play if I use the overclocking app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leshrac posted on Dec 29 2005 at 01:29 PM said:
Yesterday I ran DrMDx 4.3 after overclocking the main processor and noticed that there was no sound. The app I used to overclock turns off the second processor, so I concluded that the emulator must be using the second processor for the sound.

I found no reference to it in the readme, so I am asking here. Congratulations on the first emulator to use the second processor for something if true!

I've found that the LCD tweak and CPU overclocker will sometimes kill the audio on my GP2x. I will some times have to reboot to get the audio to come back on. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Do you even need to overclock the system to play DrMD at full speed?

It runs on a 133mhz processor so doesn't it run at 200mhz full speed?

reallynotnick posted on Dec 29 2005 at 02:22 PM said:
Do you even need to overclock the system to play DrMD at full speed?

It runs on a 133mhz processor so doesn't it run at 200mhz full speed?
You need to overclock if you want 60+ fps with 0 frameskip and high-quality sound :p

144mhz was the magic number with drmd on gp32, but that was not 60fps, just worked nicely.

I've noticed poor performance on gauntlet 4 underclocking the cpu...

I set to 133 and the frame rate was unplayably low, it's fined at 200 mhz though...

I guess some games need more cpu power than others.

I've never had sound problems with underclocking though

Back