Drmdx Roms Not Loading

benniboi

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just got my GP2X and very excited :) Ran the Scumm emulator, my monkey island 1 and 2 work great. Tried Fuse... no idea how to use it.

Then I tried DrMDx and tried Xenon 2 and Sonic roms and all I get is a black screen.

I must say I don't have any rechargable batteries yet, I tried using the ones supplied and some heavy duty duracells and no luck. Is this a battery problem?

Also with the Mame emulator, I downloaded one (Marvel vs Capcom) and I put the zip in the Roms folder and it keeps telling me there are no roms there... Any advice on this one?

Apart from that I must say that the unit is great. No sign of problem with the headphone jack. The LCD is great and the joystick feels good too!

Thanks!

Try rechargeables. I'm assumig you put the roms in roms/megadrive, since you tried to run them (the emu recognized the roms).

As for MAME, I'm not sure it supports Marvel Vs Capcom .. check the gameslist.txt

But most importantly .. get yourself a set of 2500mAh rechargeables :)

Thanks, yeah the roms are in the right folder and I can see them but it just goes all black when I run them.

I thought if Scumm worked then this should work as well.. Ah well I better get some rechargables.

I've got 4 mame roms which are on the list. The zip files match the names in the list and I still get

ERROR: NO AVAILABLE GAMES FOUND

They are in the right folder... Any ideas anyone?

the name of the mame rom must be the exact same as it is listed in the gamelist.txt, stupid i know, took me a while to get that.

dont know about DrMD, all fine here

Yes, zip fles work fine.

I managed to get a couple games going, turns out I didn't have the mame emulator in root folder of SD, which I didn't notice anywhere in the documentation.

Most of them however come up with an error saying:

Unable to open ROM
Error loading ROMs
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press A button...

Does that mean they are bad roms? Or something else?

Well I got some 2500ma batteries today and I still have the same problem with Drmdx, all I get is a blank screen.

Any advice? Has anyone got Xenon 2 or Sonic working?

Yes, zip fles work fine.

I managed to get a couple games going, turns out I didn't have the mame emulator in root folder of SD, which I didn't notice anywhere in the documentation.

Most of them however come up with an error saying:

Unable to open ROM
Error loading ROMs
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press A button...

Does that mean they are bad roms? Or something else?

I get the same error messages on most of the roms I have. Some do work - It might be that the roms are for a later version of Mame and you need to convert them to the 0.34 Mame version. I've got clrmame program to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got some 2500ma batteries today and I still have the same problem with Drmdx, all I get is a blank screen.

Any advice? Has anyone got Xenon 2 or Sonic working?

Never mind, I ended up re-zipping the roms with winrar and the emulator is reading them fine now.

One thing tho, when the emulator unzips them, is it unzipping them to the SD card or to NAND? If they're being written to NAND would it be better not to have the roms zipped?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my gen roms only show a black screen too (Sonic 2). Probably just a bad rom.

Back