Is Caanoo Going To Replace Wiz?

Mr.TwisT said:
Guys, this topic had been discussed waaaaaay too many times. Wiz replaced by the Caanoo, OLED vs LCD, digital pad vs analog. Don't you think it's time to can it?

someone popping up on a thread saying something's been discussed way too many times, now that's something that happens waaaaaay too many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.TwisT said:
Guys, this topic had been discussed waaaaaay too many times. Wiz replaced by the Caanoo, OLED vs LCD, digital pad vs analog. Don't you think it's time to can it?

What are you, a conversation nazi? Knock it off.

Reo said:
orthicviper said:
i really dread this possibility. the caanoo has an LCD screen, far inferior to the Wiz's OLED!
Have you not heard about the rotting screens, graininess, burn-in, and the eventual fading of the screen's blue emitters (and after a longer time, red and green)? LCD may not look as great, but at least it's stable.

The rotting is due to either a faulty screen to begin with or a damaged screen (Dropping your device, using too much force on the screen, cracking the screen, etc.). The faulty devices can be sent back, and otherwise you should just avoid damaging your device - like any device. The graininess is due to the low-quality build of the screens they were using for the wiz. There is no burn in, as far as I know - What sources are you referencing, here? The eventual fading of the blue LEDs is a moot point considering their life far exeeds the usefulness of the console (Honestly, are you going to be playing this for 5+ Years? Or having the screen on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?)

Also, have you ever cracked an LCD screen? Guess what happens - It ceases to function IMMEDIATELY, rather than slowly dying.

But I agree with you. LCDs are much nicer in that they're cheaper for GPH to buy (presumably.), they provide you with a display that's been used in thousands upon thousands of devices, etc. Plus, the LCD screen probably actually adds some weight to the console. I don't know about you guys, but the wiz was insanely light and that kind of bothered me being an original Gameboy and game gear user ;P

To be fair, GPH themselves have said that the OLEDs they were using are not reliable enough and was a big factor in moving back to LCD.

Yes, it was replaced by caanoo, and the pandora will be replaced with a tablet pandora
2751798279.gif

Back