Is Anything Using Both Prosesors Yet ?

zodttd said:
So I spent the past time implementing the dual cpu feature into GP2PSX. It worked, and I had an async blit (drawing) routine. Thing is, it barely made a speed improvement. It could be the way I used it. I'll have some people look over the code. So for now, dual cpu use has been removed from the code, as it caused a few glitches here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie posted on Dec 17 2005 at 11:44 PM said:
I tried to clear this up with my 2 processor thread, but it didn't get stickied, it was a poll, maybe that is why, but I still got people clicking on the 2d accelerator option dammit.

Oh yeah, a poll, that'd get the facts wouldn't it. :)

Anything that uses the second processor which is memory intensive, such as bit blitting, is never going to be an efficient use of the second processor.

It is going to be useful for non-memory intensive repetitive tasks, code that will read a few bytes from memory, then abuse the registers for a fair few cycles, and then write it back.

For emulators, it might (with hard work) be possible to get it to emulate a soundchip, although timing is going to make this a lot of hard work.

It could also be used as a maths co-processor, but there probably isn't that much point unless your code doesn't want to hang around for the result. The speed increase would be slight,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back