Invisible Shield Screen Protector Sale Monday

MonkeyChops said:
Sale still going on apparently. Just bought 2!
I was bummed about missing out, but they apparently extended it by 24 hours. So, I was able to get mine for 10.49 shipping included. I love these products, I've been using them ever since before the name change. Definitely recommended on touch screen devices, I've yet to have to get a replacement sent out for any of mine. It's the one I trust to protect my DSLR from scratching on the screens.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Pandora's screen had a glass layer I could see this being useful, but the Pandora already has something that protects the screen, the touch screen layer. Not to mention the clamshell design to protect it when its closed. :unsure:

MDave said:
If the Pandora's screen had a glass layer I could see this being useful, but the Pandora already has something that protects the screen, the touch screen layer. Not to mention the clamshell design to protect it when its closed. :unsure:
Yes, but what protects the touch screen layer, you ask? Well, a turtle does. Well, from there it's pretty much turtles all the way.

@mdave: well if the touchscreen layer gets scratched it'll prob cost more than 7.50 to replace and be more difficult. Just being proactive I guess. :)

Have any of the Pandoras in the wild right now been upgraded with zagg screen protectors yet? I ordered the screen protector a year ago but didn't realize it was the type that used a solution to create a tight seal. I'm just curious if the install went pretty pretty easy or not... Little bit nervous about applying mine. Thanks.

Gein

I was going to order but decided against it, the Pandora is a clamshell, I don't think this will be needed at all. Hope I don't end up eating those words. . .

@Gein07: doh!, I didn't know that. Are they removable? It says it has a lifetime replacement warranty, so it must be, right?

MonkeyChops said:
@Gein07: doh!, I didn't know that. Are they removable? It says it has a lifetime replacement warranty, so it must be, right?

Supposedly they are removable according to their site. Also they aren't supposed to leave any residue when removed. My concern is that the screen protector is designed for the Archos 605, so there could be some unforseen issues with it not fitting well with the Pandora's bezel. Of course these are unsubstantiated concerns... The whole thing may fit like a glove. Just be aware you will have to apply a solution to your screen when applying the protector and squeegee out the air bubbles. There are videos on Zaggs site to show how.

MonkeyChops said:
@MDave: well if the touchscreen layer gets scratched it'll prob cost more than 7.50 to replace and be more difficult. Just being proactive I guess. :)

Touch screen's are designed to withstand scratches from things like touch screen pens, or finger nails or whatever. Seriously, how on earth would you damage the screen through everyday use? Using darts or knifes as a touch screen pen? :blink:

It's like wearing a condom under a chastity belt. :lol:

MDave said:
MonkeyChops said:
@MDave: well if the touchscreen layer gets scratched it'll prob cost more than 7.50 to replace and be more difficult. Just being proactive I guess. :)

Touch screen's are designed to withstand scratches from things like touch screen pens, or finger nails or whatever. Seriously, how on earth would you damage the screen through everyday use? Using darts or knifes as a touch screen pen? :blink:

LOL If you're wearing a condom and a chastity belt, you're probably a hermaphrodite.

I've seen from past experience that people can be a tad bit over enthusiastic with my precious gizmos. This is basically just for peace of mind, and so that I don't have to worry so much about grit scratching the coating.

@MonkeyChops, yes, you can remove them, there held in place mainly by a sort of static cling. But in practice I've never had to remove one, so I'm not entirely sure how easy it is. The main difficulty would be getting one corner up, from there on they just peal off.

I scratched the screen of my ipaq long ago, some kind of dust particle was trapped between the stylus and the screen…
Since I always use a screen protector.

IIRC the screen protectors are held in place with a light glue and with an air vacuum.

MDave said:
Seriously, how on earth would you damage the screen through everyday use? Using darts or knifes as a touch screen pen? :blink:
for 7 bucks I now have the option. :p

More like double strapping (wearing 2 condoms). It maybe redundant but I must protect my precious.

MDave said:

My DS screen got scratched up pretty badly just by normal stylus use. Maybe a grain or sand or something got stuck on the stylus tip.
The screen actually became a lot clearer again after applying a screen protector. No degradation in brightness that I notice, and no air bubbles. I changed the stylus too, of course.

Definitely using screen protectors on any touch screens from now on, so I'm hoping someone will let us know how the Archos 605 models work out on actual Pandoras.

Ditto. I actually put one of these on my used DSL because the screen was already pretty scratched when I bought it. The scratches were actually interfering with stylus movement, so a Zagg condom was the way to go. Like I said before, these things are a bit soft because of their "self-healing" properties, and that softness makes it feel a bit "sticky" to the stylus, but it's better than what the scratched touch screen was doing. Even normal use with a decent stylus will, over time, put micro scratches in a DS touch screen. When it comes to my Pandora I'm not taking any chances, I'm going to start with a virgin screen and keep it scratch-free with a cover.

I've got a Zagg on my Blackberry, and it's saved me several times when i've dropped it. I had one on my old iPod Touch, but I didn't like how it changed the friction of the screen, but the iPod has no buttons, so it was more noticable.

I don't expect to be doing as much touch screen stuff with the Pandora, we'll see I guess. But I've got one in case.

I got 2 just in case, because I usually screw up application the first time. D: And just good to have a second one just in case (or for a Pandora 2 :eek:).

Also, I can also mention about the microscratches thing. I had a DS Lite which I didn't use a screen protector for and over time, you could see a really odd prismatic effect over the screen that looks like weird static noise that only changes when you change your view angle. Kinda odd. Then I had the usual dust got stuck under the stylus and put a nice gash in the screen problem.

I'd say that replacing a screen protector is probably plenty easier and cheaper than replacing the whole digitizer.

Wow! Thanks a ton laserbeams. I bought an iPad one too while I was at it. Good thing I waited for a deal to pop up.

Back