Introducing Myself and a Few Questions

FluffyMCDOOM

Still Fresh
Hello All :)

My name is Daniel Butler or FluffyMCDOOM. I hope to be ordering my Pandora by the end of next week and thought it might be good to intoduce myself and ask a few questions.

1.) Since the Pandora is Linux based will I be able to run applications such as the Linux version of skype on the Pandora?

2.) What are some good games that have already been released which might be nice to check out? (I enjoy strategy titles and am already aware of FreeCiv)

3.) To those who already own a unit have you found any element of the console dissapointing?

Thank's for reading and I hope to hear from you :D

Hello All :)

My name is Daniel Butler or FluffyMCDOOM. I hope to be ordering my Pandora by the end of next week and thought it might be good to intoduce myself and ask a few questions.

1.) Since the Pandora is Linux based will I be able to run applications such as the Linux version of skype on the Pandora?

2.) What are some good games that have already been released which might be nice to check out? (I enjoy strategy titles and am already aware of FreeCiv)

3.) To those who already own a unit have you found any element of the console dissapointing?

Thank's for reading and I hope to hear from you :D
Welcome to the community Daniel Butler or FluffyMCDOOM :)

1.) No, this will not be able without a recompile (x86 binaries don't run on ARM). As we don't have the source code of Skype we cannot recompile it. Unless the company behind skype decides to recompile it for us (which is unlikely) you cannot run it.

2) Though it is not exhaustive, the Pandora Appstore should give you an impression.

3) I don't have my unit yet, but from what I've seen there are some minor faults with the case (a crack might form next to the USB port, a small gap in front of the screen and a small gap between base and lid on the left side when closed). Those with a unit can answer this question better than me.

1) As caine said, wont work with close source stuff. But most open-source is a recompile away of using it.

2) One of the team of "Battle for Wesnoth" is around and release pandora's version of this game most of the time before the official annoncement. If you don't know that game, you should have a look : it's the best turn-based strategy games I've ever played.

3) The apparant lack of software by the time I got my pandy. It's getting way better. It will be even better when you get your's :)

Thanks you for all the questions answered :)

Have any of you tried out freeciv for the pandora?

Back