Introduce yourself

Wally

I am a banana!
Hi All,

Haven't seen a proper introduction thread on this forum so.. So let me start.

Hi i'm Wally, I am also known as Ben in the RL world, I work as a Desktop Support officer and am 25 years of age.

I started gaming as a very small child and owned an Atari 2600, Sega Master System, PS1 Atari Lynx 68k Macintosh , PSP, GBA Osbourne 486 DX and Xbox in that time however I grew to love the consoles I never owned and started collecting. Now thats got a little out of hand I want to sell some of them keeping the ones I truly loved for my own garage (when I get one) :)

Web Experiences (I'm only putting this as I am a mod).

* Am an Admin at Dosgames.com Forums

* Helped setup Daedalusx6 forums and am a present mod.

* Moderated DCEmu for a bit.

* I help Op several IRC channels

* Beta tested the crap out of Daedalusx64 for a while (http://compat.daedalusx64.com) is an excellent reference (If noobs haven't broken the testing :p )

I'm Jon aka _wb_. I'm 31 years old and have a 6 month old baby daughter. I live in Brussels, Belgium, and I work at the KU Leuven as a postdoc researcher (my PhD is in CS).

My first computer was a C64, followed by a 8088 and later a 486. As a child, I did some noobish programming in Commodore BASIC, later in GW Basic and QuickBasic, and then maybe a little Pascal and C but not a lot until much later (when I started studying CS). I was sysop of a somewhat popular BBS in the second half of the nineties (dial-up internet was just starting to become available though, this was really the end of the BBS era), which forced my parents to get a 2nd phone line because there were too many incoming calls occupying their line. I'm not really a gamer, I never owned an actual game console. I first learned about Linux in 1994, but it took me a while before I decided to get rid of DOS (and to some degree Windows), which I had kind of gotten used to. I became increasingly frustrated by the general tendency of proprietary software to suck though, so I got increasingly interested in alternatives, and in particular the Free Software movement. By 1997 or so I had completely switched to GNU/Linux (IIRC it was some version of RedHat at that time, but I switched to Debian after a while), and never looked back.

I come originally from France, but I live in Japan now. I started as a gamer very very early (i'm 33 now but I got a computer in my hands when I was 5 years old) - with an Oric 1 (that my big brother was using). I used to play games only on that machine, then the C64 came - and it was already impressive how much better that was compared to the Oric 1. At the same time my friends were getting NES and Master Systems at home so I got to see both computer games and console games at the same time, while I did not own any console for a long time. Then the shock came with the Amiga, which made me into an Amiga-Fan forever. It was such a brilliant machine and there was so much cool software including games for it, I spent countless hours on that machine and it never let me down. I did some programming at that time, mostly in AMOS, but that was fairly casual.

When the Amiga "died" because of Commodore's lack of skills in selling it, I moved reluctantly to the PC - I found windows slow and unpractical for many things (and multi-tasking was SH*T compared to the under-powered Amiga's multitasking capabilities) but I got used to it and found good games to play as well - that's also when I moved to the Playstation 1 - and while I never "loved" the Playstation as a machine, there were several games I found so excellent that it re-ignated my passion for games for a while - such as FFVII and MGS, among others.

Then: PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, NDS, Xbox360, Wii, PS3... I got everything and played a lot on all systems. But now I do spend more time on PC than anything else, and made a quasi-full switch to Linux as an OS for about 2 years now. I only boot windows when I really need to (that includes games) and I play games mostly on PCs these days as the consoles are clearly lacking in power now. Oh, and I use Pandora for gaming and other things as well - I use it a lot.

I'm a daily "hacker news" reader and that has also motivated me to go back to programming in the past year and I am having a lot of fun at it. Expect to see a few softs from me down the road. Probably simple ones, but hopefully relatively well designed.

I'm T.T..  My screen name came from Diddy kong racing for those who are wondering.
I enjoy building electronic devices, and computers. I'm a bit of a megaman nut (though not nearly as knowledgeable as Prometheus). About a year and a half ago switched to linux as my main OS, windows is only there for games. I love to 3D model and edit images with gimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm moz, people call me James in real lfie, grew up in Chesterfield, England, now live near Melbourne, Australia. I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, I started with the PS1 and gameboy colour, at some point I grew obsessed with the generations of gaming that I missed out on, and that obsession pretty much brought me to the Pandora. To me there is nothing better than getting on Skype with a bunch of friends and play games (I spend way to much time doing this).

BTW I love you all :wub:

I am le mummia, internet joke, and community jokster. Born in Bosnia originally, fled to Croatia, spent pre-teens in Germany, currently in Ohio, USA. First computer was a Commodore64, shortly thereafter went to Amiga, but it wasn't until we rented a NES for two weeks that i got really into gaming. Owned just about every Nintendo console multiple times thus far without regret, and a couple Sega ones just for the hell of it like the SMS and DC. Sony consoles and heldhelds(ps3, psp, & psv) are only owned for piracy and homebrew. My first real introduction to homebrew and "jailbreaking" was with the GameCube, which was a good reason i missed out on a lot of GC games that i'll get back to one day. Am currently a couple days from turning 26 without a wife and/or kids, so i still get a lot of time for games. And if you get offended by me, it's not my fault or problem, it's yours for being overly sensitive.

I am Salimata Bubar, am 25 years old Sudanese currently living in Dakar Senegal a west African coastal country, It really beautiful down here so much sunshine and glorious clouds hanging high above in the sky, So many beautiful memories is what you get being here in Senegal. I am a lady, with black hair, brown eyes, 5fts 7inches tall weigh 59kgs.

I wish to request for your assistance in a

financial transaction.

Dear, I got your contact from the Dakar

chamber of commerce and

industry.

I wish to invest in a manufacturing and real

estatemanagement industry in your country. I have ten million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD ($10.500,000) to invest in industry and I will require your assistance in

receiving the funds into your bank account in your country.the safe box which concealed in the Treasure department. of a Finance Bank.

I will gladly give you 10% of the total sum for your assistance. Seen your profile at the Dakar chamber of commerce was one of the greatest

revelation God has ever made to me, from first glance i have the feelings it would be right to know you much more deeper,i don't know what you might think about that, Dear i hope you would see reason to send me a reply,

Please it is important that you reply as soon as posible with your private phone and fax number for our verbal communication.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Thanks

Salimata Bubar

I am Salimata Bubar, am 25 years old Sudanese currently living in Dakar Senegal a west African coastal country, It really beautiful down here so much sunshine and glorious clouds hanging high above in the sky, So many beautiful memories is what you get being here in Senegal. I am a lady, with black hair, brown eyes, 5fts 7inches tall weigh 59kgs.

I wish to request for your assistance in a

financial transaction.

Dear, I got your contact from the Dakar

chamber of commerce and

industry.

I wish to invest in a manufacturing and real

estatemanagement industry in your country. I have ten million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD ($10.500,000) to invest in industry and I will require your assistance in

receiving the funds into your bank account in your country.the safe box which concealed in the Treasure department. of a Finance Bank.

I will gladly give you 10% of the total sum for your assistance. Seen your profile at the Dakar chamber of commerce was one of the greatest

revelation God has ever made to me, from first glance i have the feelings it would be right to know you much more deeper,i don't know what you might think about that, Dear i hope you would see reason to send me a reply,

Please it is important that you reply as soon as posible with your private phone and fax number for our verbal communication.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Thanks

Salimata Bubar

Ummm ... Why has this turned into a trolling thread ? And on the off chance your serious then wtf ?!

Fine , I 2bit am a teenage video game collector , inventor , entreupuneur , terrible speller , reader , self proclaimed nerd , environmentalist , gun rights advocate / promoter , deer hunter , forest fanatic and , fledgling recreational hacker .

I was born in the USA and live in the USA .

I got interested in gaming/collecting because my father and mother had the NES and the Gameboy respectively . And although my mother plays some video games the average time father spends TOUCHING a console a year is about 30 secs and that's ussally because I'm having him hold one as I get out of a car . I also study mycology from books on the subject .

BTW , happy early b-day DaMummy .

Ummm ... Why has this turned into a trolling thread ?

mqdefault.jpg

Yeah, now your real introduction please, Strigoi :)

I'm a 29 year old bloke from England who likes playing video games more than is healthy for him ;) , reading random books (latest is http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/40686), will fill rest in when phone battery isn't at deaths door.

I am a 25 year old boy from America. I work as a certified public accountant. While in college, many of my friends thought I had a knack for computers, but I decided to finish my degree instead of diverting to a new major. I still program, but I find less and less time for it. I got my start in video gaming on my dad's old PC and my brother's NES. Ever since, I have been collecting games and consoles. While my collection would pale in comparison to those of other forum members, I still like it. I also like to call myself a musician.

I like looking for a good deal. I end up going to a lot of garage sales, so I tend to find things that I never would have looked for in the first place. Most of the time, it's music, movies or video games.

I am currently reading Small Business Management and playing Capitalism 2 (they were both on sale weekend before last).

Greetings, I'm Jourdy288- I love open source things, thus my attraction to this community. I've been here for a long time, and it is my intent to one day own a Pandora. Right now, I'm a high school student and a video game journalist.

I got into video games in general thanks to my father giving me a Palm Tungsten T|5. I became curious as to what games I could put on there, discovered emulation, started reading about all the old systems and the rest is history!

Hi! I go by Skitz. I have the 1ghz version of the Panora. I am in the Airforce and moving to Germany soon. My move has been delayed a little which is good. I just sent my pandora into I believe ED because it was defective and I'm waiting for him to send me a new one. I really should have joined the forum a while back. I want to start developing once I get my new unit :) . All my work will be posted here for all to share!

Hi! I go by Skitz. I have the 1ghz version of the Panora. I am in the Airforce and moving to Germany soon. My move has been delayed a little which is good. I just sent my pandora into I believe ED because it was defective and I'm waiting for him to send me a new one. I really should have joined the forum a while back. I want to start developing once I get my new unit :) . All my work will be posted here for all to share!
Welcome :) ! And if you don't mind my asking the Airforce of which country ?

No issue! I'm in the United States Airforce. I'm a crew chief of an F16.

No issue! I'm in the United States Airforce. I'm a crew chief of an F16.
Thanks ( I try and thank for protecting ) and I apologize for being late on responding .

I'm 37 and live in Amsterdam with my girlfriend and two daughters (6 & 8).

I've been playing games since I've been 5. Owned a Philips Videopac (there was a cartridge that allowed you to enter assembly into the system, problem was it was gone when you pulled the plug or put in another cartridge. Look we typed in mumbojumbo for 5 hours and now we have a sprite!) MSX with built in 3,5" diskdrive, fantastic as all my friends were still on tapes :) , NES, SNES, Wii, PS1, PS2, Atari ST and STE, Gameboy, DS, loads of PC gaming.

I've owned bars for the last 10 years and have been working in the F&B industry for over 20 years. Last year I've started my bachelor in software engineering and am currently starting a small IT company with a good friend of mine who has loads of experience and is taking me under his wings. The company is strategically placed 2 doors down from my bar so catering is sorted :)

My name is Paul Dunn, and I'm mostly active in the ZXSpectrum emulation scene - hence my username. My avatar is a play on Dunny (which was my nickname as a child) blended superbly with one of my favourite game, Jet Set Willy on the ZX Spectrum.

I'm 39 years old, have one son aged 18, one aged 8 months, and one in a box on the mantelpiece.

I started with the Sinclair ZX81 when I was a nipper, and moved up through various Speccys coding in BASIC until I got my first Amiga, where I used AMOS to write various little crap programs. After that I got a PC and started with Borland Delphi. My lifelong dream was to be able to code in BASIC using an interpreter that gave results far faster than the original that ran on the 3.5MHz z80 I started out with. To that end, a friend suggested I write an emulator - so I learnt z80 assembly and thereafter x86 assembly which enabled me to write ZXSpin in 2002. During the following years I was joined by four other coders and ZXSpin became one of the most accurate and capable of the Spectrum emulators. However, it didn't fulfill my dream, so I adapted the z80 core and integrated it into an IDE - and BASin was born. This allowed users to code in Sinclair BASIC using a Delphi-like IDE, and is still very popular today.

However, it wasn't enough - so I wrote SpecBAS, which is an implementation of Sinclair BASIC on modern hardware. I am very proud of that - it's ace. Also known as PandaBAS on the Pandora, which is a straight port of the windows Pascal code on ARM. SpecBAS has since been ported to linux, mac osx (thogh currently unreleased) and the Raspberry PI, where I am ashamed to say it runs a lot faster than the Pandora version, even when I overclock the Pandora to 1GHz :(

I have also ported a couple of games to the Pandora - Forget-me-not and Spheres of Chaos, both of which are on the repo.

In my day to day life, I'm a registered nurse at the local hospital in charge of a busy medical ward.

I'm also something of a troll, having fun at the expense of others.

D.

Back