Interview With Tony Han

Wow Now I hope the wiz I ordered the other day is from the first batch! but if it isn't.....

Tony, how fast will mass production on these things be done? how long approx till the second batch?

Last edited by a moderator:
GP2X-INT said:
'jbrodack' said:
thanks for letting us know that it was your friend that was posting on here. I definitely believe it because the quality of your english is MUCH better than his almost incomprehensible posts. seems it was just a misunderstanding.

while the posts weren't SO bad they were causing people to mistrust GPH even more.

gamepark went out of business and at least one of the people in GPH was around for the gp32 in gamepark so its probably fair to give at least some credit to GPH for the gp32.

question to Tony Han: The biggest issue I've seen people on the forums talk about regarding the wiz is the screen tearing issue? Will the first batch of wiz units sent to consumers suffer from this issue? Is there anything that can or is looking at being done to fix it without causing a major decrease in performance? Or would we have to wait for a hardware revision with a new oled screen in order for the issue to be fixed?

I would say that would be the biggest thing keeping people who have any interest in the wiz from getting one at this point. the nice oled screen is one of its biggest selling points as no comparable consoled has such a screen so to suffer from screen tearing issues kinda negates one of its biggest selling points.
I really appreciate for your understanding.
Well we have worked on the screen tearing issue. Right now I am aware that we have solved this problem and I don't think the screen tearing will bring us more problems.
So we will keep on using the OLED screen.
I don't know how they have fixed the screen as it is professional and official I would not be able to explain it clearly.

What you need to tell us is if your engineer's are still going with the library to handle the rotation from 320x240 to 240x320. Thats the only solution we have seen and I think everyone here is not too happy with that solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such modifications were made to SDL. The performance in some tests dropped to 25% previous levels, or approximately half GP2x performance levels.

We were told the rotation in SDL was going to be undone and we would be sticking with the screen tearing. Has this now changed?

Back