Interview With Tony Han

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
We at pdroms.de had the pleasure to conduct an interview with Mr. Tony Han, Marketing Manager at GamePark Holdings. The interview is leaving the very past behind and tries to concentrate on the upcoming "GP2x Wiz", which we will just call "Wiz" in the interview.

PDRoms: Hello Mr. Han. You are the new Marketing Manager for international affairs at GamePark Holdings. How do you like your new responsibility?
Mr. Han: It's great to work at Gamepark Holdings. I will do my best to make our costumers satisfied and let everyone know what the GP2X Wiz is about. This is my main responsibility here.

PDRoms: As the Wiz is the third handheld from GamePark Holdings, what did you do better than at the previous models, namely the GP2x and GP32.
Mr. Han: The Wiz is more powerful, it's best to compare the specifications between the GP2X and Wiz so everybody can discover the upgrades we have made.

PDRoms: The English support from GamePark Holdings is said not to be the best, how do you want to disprove this common opinion?
Mr. Han: ...

Please read the full interview over at http://pdroms.de/news/17089/

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that GHP really hope to make it big. I just hope :pandora1: doesn't kill their chance, also the GP32 was made by gamepark, people seem to forget that. It sounds like an interesting interview, (if its readable :p ) I'll be sure to read it.

'cloudy-cola-corp' said:
It seems that GHP really hope to make it big. I just hope :pandora1: doesn't kill their chance, also the GP32 was made by gamepark, people seem to forget that. It sounds like an interesting interview, (if its readable :p ) I'll be sure to read it.
Gamepark made GP32, not GPH. The latter contains some people from the former, but I wonder how similar the two are overall...

'Exophase' said:
'cloudy-cola-corp' said:
Gamepark made GP32, not GPH. The latter contains some people from the former, but I wonder how similar the two are overall...

Well apparently, very few of the original staff who worked on the '32 made the '2x. I suppose the two consoles have similar looks and retarded controls

'GP2X-INT' said:
'Chip' said:
tonyhan said:
I am not exactly from GP2X WIZ
I have so much interest in WIZ that I would like to upgrades things for the users.
Is there any problem with that?
You're posting from the same IP address as GP2X-INT, so if you're not the same person you're at least in the same building. If you're a GPH representative and you're trying to drum up excitement for the Wiz, that's fine. This is a Wiz forum and the people here LIKE to hear from you guys.

However, if you're a representative for GPH, it doesn't look good if you claim to just be a "fan". The English term for that is "astroturfing", and it is frowned on. If you want to stay on good terms with Wiz users, it is best to be up front about who you are and who you're working for.
To tell you the truth I just changed my ID because whatever the other ID says you might not trust
I am trying to give you all the UPDATES of the WIZ with another ID so you could take it.
Does that answer your questions why I have changed the ID?
I have a friend working at GP2X WIZ so I am trying to upload all the recent news to the people
who are interested in WIZ.

I wasnt trying to cheat or play games with the GP2X users.
Just trying to give real updates news.

'Kojote' said:
Mr. Tony Han, Marketing Manager at GamePark Holdings.
I gave him the opportunity to come clean and he perpetuated the lie. That just ain't cool.

No real surprise there though. I mentioned elsewhere how GPH might be wise to hire more engineers instead of more marketting people, but then again I don't know the first thing about good business management ;p

'Chip' said:
I gave him the opportunity to come clean and he perpetuated the lie. That just ain't cool.
It looks bad, but to be fair, it's possible he was being honest and was only hired into this position after making those posts. Similar to the situation with yourself and OP.

Or... maybe he'd just heard about viral marketing and was doing it wrong.

'GunPei2X' said:
It looks bad, but to be fair, it's possible he was being honest and was only hired into this position after making those posts. Similar to the situation with yourself and OP.
Kojote's article does call him the "new" marketing manager, so I suppose that is possible. On the other hand, he's only been posting here for a month (well within the definition of "new"), and I find it hard to believe they offered him a job based on the posts he's made here so far.

If Mr. Han is reading this, the right thing to do at this point is to either explain that you were hired after you claimed to not be a GPH employee, or apologize for astroturfing and lying about it when you got called out.

'Chip' said:
'GunPei2X' said:
Kojote's article does call him the "new" marketing manager, so I suppose that is possible. On the other hand, he's only been posting here for a month (well within the definition of "new"), and I find it hard to believe they offered him a job based on the posts he's made here so far.

If Mr. Han is reading this, the right thing to do at this point is to either explain that you were hired after you claimed to not be a GPH employee, or apologize for astroturfing and lying about it when you got called out.

I have posted numerous times that Tony Han is probably GP2x-INT and he works at GPH.

I asked them who he was, they told me he was a new guy. I have posted this before but it seems you just ignored it.

'Peter R' said:
I have posted numerous times that Tony Han is probably GP2x-INT and he works at GPH.

I asked them who he was, they told me he was a new guy. I have posted this before but it seems you just ignored it.
I know they're the same person. He admits to making both accounts in the posts I quoted. He also insists that he doesn't work for GPH, which is where the problem lies.

according to evildragon "tony han" is known to him, beeing with gph. so i have no doubt about the reliability of everything.

i did not intend to make problems to anyone, but only try to show up that gph is trying to be more open and helpful for developers.

the person i had the interview with also has a reliable email adress and not acting from a random email account.

that's all i could say for now.

Only 2500 in the first batch and they are already sold to retailers? Crap, I hope the pre-order I did last week gets filled first batch. >.<

'Chip' said:
'GP2X-INT' said:
'Chip' said:

I am not exactly from GP2X WIZ
I have so much interest in WIZ that I would like to upgrades things for the users.
Is there any problem with that?

You're posting from the same IP address as GP2X-INT, so if you're not the same person you're at least in the same building. If you're a GPH representative and you're trying to drum up excitement for the Wiz, that's fine. This is a Wiz forum and the people here LIKE to hear from you guys.

However, if you're a representative for GPH, it doesn't look good if you claim to just be a "fan". The English term for that is "astroturfing", and it is frowned on. If you want to stay on good terms with Wiz users, it is best to be up front about who you are and who you're working for.
To tell you the truth I just changed my ID because whatever the other ID says you might not trust
I am trying to give you all the UPDATES of the WIZ with another ID so you could take it.
Does that answer your questions why I have changed the ID?
I have a friend working at GP2X WIZ so I am trying to upload all the recent news to the people
who are interested in WIZ.

I wasnt trying to cheat or play games with the GP2X users.
Just trying to give real updates news.

'Kojote' said:
Mr. Tony Han, Marketing Manager at GamePark Holdings.

I am the marketing manager of GPH.
I am really sorry that one of my friend was using my ID to write news about GP2X Wiz.
By now on GP2X-INT will be Tony Han The Marketing Manager.
Not anybody else.
NOT MY FRIEND AND NOT MY STAFF NOT ANYBODY ELSE.
I really apologies for any mistakes my friends has been doing here.
I was so busy doing my works that I have given my friend to use my ID and read and write at GP32X.
I APOLOGISE AGAIN.
I will be talking with my friends that he should not do this anymore.
Sorry again.

If there are any questions or anything you would like to know anything about GP2X WIZ let me know
I will try to assist you as much as you can and answer all your questions.

Apologies Again.

Could you post some concrete information about the Wifi/network adaptor? How much will it cost, and when will it be available?

'Alex.' said:
Could you post some concrete information about the Wifi/network adaptor? How much will it cost, and when will it be available?

We dont have the exact cost at the moment but we are sure that our Wi-Fi will be coming out by the end of the year.

thanks for letting us know that it was your friend that was posting on here. I definitely believe it because the quality of your english is MUCH better than his almost incomprehensible posts. seems it was just a misunderstanding.

while the posts weren't SO bad they were causing people to mistrust GPH even more.

gamepark went out of business and at least one of the people in GPH was around for the gp32 in gamepark so its probably fair to give at least some credit to GPH for the gp32.

question to Tony Han: The biggest issue I've seen people on the forums talk about regarding the wiz is the screen tearing issue? Will the first batch of wiz units sent to consumers suffer from this issue? Is there anything that can or is looking at being done to fix it without causing a major decrease in performance? Or would we have to wait for a hardware revision with a new oled screen in order for the issue to be fixed?

I would say that would be the biggest thing keeping people who have any interest in the wiz from getting one at this point. the nice oled screen is one of its biggest selling points as no comparable consoled has such a screen so to suffer from screen tearing issues kinda negates one of its biggest selling points.

'jbrodack' said:
question to Tony Han: The biggest issue I've seen people on the forums talk about regarding the wiz is the screen tearing issue? Will the first batch of wiz units sent to consumers suffer from this issue? Is there anything that can or is looking at being done to fix it without causing a major decrease in performance? Or would we have to wait for a hardware revision with a new oled screen in order for the issue to be fixed?
The Wiz will be launching with a screen that experiences the tearing when run in 320*240 mode.

Edit: At the end of April.

'jbrodack' said:
thanks for letting us know that it was your friend that was posting on here. I definitely believe it because the quality of your english is MUCH better than his almost incomprehensible posts. seems it was just a misunderstanding.

while the posts weren't SO bad they were causing people to mistrust GPH even more.

gamepark went out of business and at least one of the people in GPH was around for the gp32 in gamepark so its probably fair to give at least some credit to GPH for the gp32.

I would say that would be the biggest thing keeping people who have any interest in the wiz from getting one at this point. the nice oled screen is one of its biggest selling points as no comparable consoled has such a screen so to suffer from screen tearing issues kinda negates one of its biggest selling points.
I really appreciate for your understanding.
Well we have worked on the screen tearing issue. Right now I am aware that we have solved this problem and I don’t think the screen tearing will bring us more problems.
So we will keep on using the OLED screen.
I don’t know how they have fixed the screen as it is professional and official I would not be able to explain it clearly.

'GP2X-INT' said:
'jbrodack' said:

I really appreciate for your understanding.
Well we have worked on the screen tearing issue. Right now I am aware that we have solved this problem and I don’t think the screen tearing will bring us more problems.
So we will keep on using the OLED screen.
I don’t know how they have fixed the screen as it is professional and official I would not be able to explain it clearly.

SWEET! Many thanks for clearing this up with the screen :).

Regards

André

Back