Internal Storage

solarice

Website
Visit site
Hi,

i was just wondering whether or not you thought it would be possible to install internal mb's into the gp32 (inside the case). like the 256mb storage in mp3 players or usb drives.

So you would have the internal storage and then the smc card for further expansion.

could this be done ?

yeah i was aware of that, but isnt that just voltage limitation. but i was wondering whether or not you could fool it by mounting internally.

Actually, it might be possible to do a pen drive outside however with gp32 linux. I don't think it would be possible inside because of the way programs rely on SMC read/write methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamepark128 how have you managed to contribute 50 USEFUL or GOOD RESPONSES in 2 DAYS!!!!

Sam Fisher was badly flamed for this because he was clogging up message boards.

yeah i was aware of that, but isnt that just voltage limitation. but i was wondering whether or not you could fool it by mounting internally.
No you can't.
that's a bit harsh imho, it MIGHT be possible, wouldn't know how :) but I like the idea :p we'd all like a little extra storage ^^
i thought that answer was a bit premature...

what are your qualifications, gamepark128? just wanna know where you're coming from...

the s3c2400x has a MMC interface, i haven't looked too hard into connecting anything to it, and ofcourse one would need drivers.. but it doesn't seem completely impossible..

---
mithris

No you can't.
that's a bit harsh imho, it MIGHT be possible, wouldn't know how :) but I like the idea :p we'd all like a little extra storage ^^
i thought that answer was a bit premature...

what are your qualifications, gamepark128? just wanna know where you're coming from...
lol that shut him up. :p

hmm i like at least some of you seem to think it may be possible.....of course i have no idea how to go about it either...although iam now very interested.

Back