Internal Access To I2c Bus?

EdCa22

I was wondering if it is possible to access the OMAPs I2C bus on any exposed (or relatively easy to access/solder to) pins or pads on the PCB? I guess this is really aimed at MWeston but if anyone else knows that'd be good.

I do know software I2C is possible from bit bashing GPIOs on the EXT connector but this is not what I am after...

Cheers :)

EdCa22 said:
I was wondering if it is possible to access the OMAPs I2C bus on any exposed (or relatively easy to access/solder to) pins or pads on the PCB? I guess this is really aimed at MWeston but if anyone else knows that'd be good.

I do know software I2C is possible from bit bashing GPIOs on the EXT connector but this is not what I am after...

Cheers :)
I remember someone saying that they even made the solder pads extra big for easy modding ;) long time ago though so in don't have a quote

Edit: hmm things keep changing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
The nub controllers on the old PCB used SPI and so I2C3 was available on the expansion connector, but the new controllers use I2C so I had to take over those pins.

You could solder wires to the pullup resistors if you wanted to make your own adventures but that is an internal mod. I didn't want anything that could affect the system brought out externally as stability of the Pandora itself was my first priority.

I believe that two of the pins on the EXT connector can be configured for I2C.

jdh2550 said:

Read my post again. USED to be available, now used for the new controllers.

Squidge said:
jdh2550 said:

Read my post again. USED to be available, now used for the new controllers.
Does this still allows the possibility of software driven i2c over UART on the ext port? I seem to remember someone mentioning this, it would be useful for me.

Klepto said:
Does this still allows the possibility of software driven i2c over UART on the ext port? I seem to remember someone mentioning this, it would be useful for me.

Should be possible, yes, unless there are some complications on the pinmux. Wouldn't have thought so though.

Back