Interesting Crowdfunding Campaigns

Jeri Ellsworth was a YouTuber I subscribed to shortly after EEVBlog, and recently she's announced an interesting Kickstarter (Tilt Five Holographic Game System).

I'm more interested in the technology than actually getting it at the moment, but quite like the look of it, and thought it may be of interest to someone here...

Wow... I unsub'd from Jeri's YouTube as she stopped posting videos, so thanks for the heads up

I'm more interested in the technology than actually getting it at the moment, but quite like the look of it, and thought it may be of interest to someone here...
Yeah, it's certainly an interesting technology, and it's quite impressive the miniaturisation they've managed with those glasses. I wonder how it does the game board tracking, since it's showing a view that you can manipulate by moving your head in the videos I've seen. Presumably that's what those spots on the edge of the game board are about, and there's some kind of camera in the headset peeping out.

It's a shame you have to spend so much to get more than one set of glasses. I can imagine the multiplayer would work better if each player could have a view on the game board at all time, and assuming it's something turn based you only really need the one controller for that, but mutlitple sets of glasses, which isn't an option on the kickstarter at present.

Oh well, it's probably not something I need to back given the rate the kickstarter's going at the moment. I should wait until there's software that I want to run. And I probably need to buy an actual up-to-date computer to run this.

Reactions: rSl
cool! thanks for posting!
i remember seeing a preview some years ago, as it was in early stage. called cast-ar or something like that.
it allready looked totally awesome back then. verry glad to hear she and the team made it finally a (augmented) reality!
and it's funded 229% right now, great!
will definately follow the progress of this, as i love all the crazy things she made, like the c64 bass guitar and the fpga c64 boards etc...

Last edited:
There's a fascinating interview with Jeri here:

I'm starting to wish I had (a lot) more money, as it really does look fantastic.

she really looks exhousted as this was recorded on kickstarter launchday i think.
thanks for describing how bigmoney can take you over, even when you think they only own a little chunk of your biz.
silicon valley is really a pool of sharks...
all the best for jeri and the whole tiltfive team, this is amazing tech! <3

As I obviously love Jeri the electronics goddess, I had already seen her kickstarter.
I was very tempted to buy but I figured I'd really need more than one pair and that makes the price just a bit too steep.

:(

Last edited:
Back